Serves meat, veg options available. Established in spring 2011, this cafe features New Zealand Pacific fusion with a contemporary edge, plus locally roasted fair trade coffee. The kitchen recycles and offers its coffee grinds to the community gardens in the North Dunedin area. Easy walk from North motels. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Pacific Fusion, Non-veg
765 Cumberland Street (George Street corner)
Dunedin, New Zealand

SirEatsAlot
SirEatsAlot

Lovely cafe

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2016

I've eaten at this cafe twice now. I normally wouldn't go anywhere with no vegan options on the menu, but both times have been work-related lunches. It is a charming little cafe with lovely staff. The chef has been very good both times at putting something together (which I appreciate!), but I hate having to ask the counter staff and stand there holding up the line while they check! The food is fresh and tasty. I would definitely recommend it for vegetarians (and/or coffee drinkers), and also maybe for vegans that aren't quite so self-conscious!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 12, 2012

Note: I've been back multiple times since my original review. I've had multiple instances where I've ordered vegan food (usually soup) and it has come with cheese on it (and/or on the bread rolls). Something to be aware of when ordering! It has put me off going here a bit..

Pros: Great atmosphere, friendly staff, excellent coffee
Cons: Limited awareness of what vegan means, Limited vegan options on menu
V
V

Good for latte

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

Their food is really good, but comes in tiny servings. Also can be difficult to find a vegan option that isn't soup.

Pros: Organic, Nice atmosphere, Good coffee
Cons: portions

Dear Owner and Manager of The Good Earth Cafe: