Organic produce, bulk herbs, grains, teas, vitamins, supplements, body care products, refrigerated vegan food, grab-n-go entrees, reference books, metaphysical new age books and music, body oils, incense oils and holders. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan

Wish they still had the deli

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

A long long time ago they had Juhari's deli with the best vegan soul food. Its still a nice little natural foods store in an area of town where healthy food can be hard to find.

Pros: good selection of dry goods
Cons: small

Growing up Golden

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2009

The Golden Grocer has been around since I was a kid. It's one of the first places that I could relate to as a health food store. They stock a bunch of vegan goodies, some of which cannot be found many other places (ABC cookies!). The staff has always been friendly and helpful as well.

Pros: vegan shopping, nice, central location, neat, clean store
Cons: parking is sometimes hard to find

The *Golden* Grocer: The Name Says It All.. Golden

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2007

I visited this store during my lunch break from work. Overall, it seemed like a very nice natural foods store. The employees were very nice and I found a lot of Vegan options. Also, they carry several vitamins and supplements [vitamins are my *new* thing lately] and I did find a lot of Vegan supplements there. I don't live in the Central West End [CWE]; otherwise, I would frequent this place more often. Furthermore, the feeling I had from this store genuinely reflects the opinion of the review below. I hope this place stays around for a very long time!

Pros: Nice Staff, Good Selections
Cons: CWE Parking

Dear Owner and Manager of The Golden Grocer: