Restaurant menu is 100% vegan and around 80% raw. Price: Moderate more-less

Janae-nae
Janae-nae

Delicious

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

I have to say that the location is unusual and I would have never found if it wasn't for Happy Cow! But now that I know this place exists I will be back when I am in Houston! There are two reasons I will return 1) my meal was delicious. I loved the Paradise burger and the corn chips! There are so many other menu items I wanted to try I will return until I try most of them. 2) I want to support a Doctor and his practice that believes in the "Natural Way" of healing the human body and spirit! Way to go Dr. Montgomery!!!!!

saveur
saveur

Healthy raw, yeah!

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

You come here for the food, not the decor, that's for sure. However, I was tickled that I was visiting the restaurant that was inside a health care facility, instead of the other way around. The menu is quite diverse, everything is raw and vegan, except for the daily soups which are cooked with beans. The corn chips were fabulous. The paradise burger was great and I loved how they served it with Romaine as the bun. I also tried the 5&2 noodle salad which was billed as 16 oz, but my serving looked a lot smaller than I thought I was going to get.
The desserts were very good, too. The key lime pie tasted really rich but apparently is only made with avocado and lime juice. The apple pie (not on their menu) was also very good with a huge serving. Best to decide if you want dessert early because it will take a while for them to thaw. We ended up taking the apple pie outside so that it would thaw faster. Definitely recommended for healthy vegan eats.

Pros: healthy, diverse menu
Cons: ambiance

pennylane
pennylane
  • raw

to go

3 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

This is not an ideal place to dine in most meals come packed in containers. Its better to take your meal to go.

Pros: healthy , fast
Cons: not 100% vegan serves honey, serves meals in container
rctexus
rctexus

So lucky to dine here!!

5 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

The Garden Kitchen is no where near my work or home. But today I had to attend a meeting off Loop 610 just an exit away, so you bet I made time for lunch! Took awhile for me to decide, but at the chef's recommendation, I chose the Spinach Portobello wrap, corn salad and side salad meal (8.99). Everything is prepared fresh when you order, even the salad dressing. The coconut wrap really makes this sandwich zing, since I love coconut!! The corn salad reminds me of a recipe from my favorite co-op, Rawfully Organic, where I believe Garden Kitchen gets some, if not all, of their fresh organic produce. Keep up the good and healthy work, Dr. Montgomery. Now I just wish you'd open a location in The Woodlands!!

Pros: Excellent fresh, healthy food, Almost all raw options, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: Not the best location, Small dining area
MizzB
MizzB

Nutritional excellence for better health

5 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2011

Very good food, raw vegan, to support nutritional excellence and better health.
I highly recommend the corn salad for a starter - the only time I've had better was eating corn fresh from the cob after having just picked and shucked it myself. Follow this with the poblano, corn chowder (okay, so I love non-GMO corn), again, fresh corn, blended with fresh peppers adn well seasoned. The raw vegan chili is also good as a soup course, or could be an entree depending on the time of day and one's preferences.
The garden burger is good as a sandwich, yet I usually skip the sandwich in favor of the entrees; the kale leaf or tahini spinach wraps work for me.
Save room for dessert; the key lime pie is rawsome - call ahead because it sells out early most days. Who knew avocado could be sooo good! No key lime pie? The sorbets, mango or strawberry, will do just fine.
Garden Kitchen sometimes offers educational open houses, of Dr. Montgomery's medical practice emphasizing taking personal responsibility for improving one's health thru optimum nutrition, and feature food samples and demonstrations. Garden Kitchen was a vendor at Houston's recent VegFest, and featured a demo on making their fabulous key lime pie.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 04, 2011

Pros: great food, healthy, friendly staff
Cons: often sells out, limited hours
Yahcna
Yahcna

INNOVATIVE!

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2011

I am very glad to have found The Garden Kitchen! It's cozy and pretty on the inside.

Though it isn't an array of vegan comfort food, these raw treats are delicious with interesting blue green algae concoctions for optimal health to take home with you.

If you have kiddos with you that are used to A standard kid menu type OF food, whom aren't use to vegan, or raw foods, I suggest you visit this place on your own time.

The food is a delicious acquired taste for the mature palate.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 23, 2011

Pros: Raw food options, delicious, nice atmosphere
Cons: Kids may not appreciate the food items
HerbA.Vore
HerbA.Vore

Physician's and patients' best friend to learn

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

If you haven't heard by now, you should know: "Let thy food be thy medicine; medicine, thy food."(Hippocrates)
Houston cardiologist Dr. Baxter Montgomery's Garden Kitchen is located inside Houston Cardiac Association and offers a diverse, healthful cuisine to enlighten and excite patients to learn to eat healthy and be inspired to create healthful dishes. Great vegan and raw vegan food.

Pros: Great food, Decent to very good prices, quality ingredients
Cons: Houston's ped/bus travel is poor.
JohnSampson
JohnSampson

Better with new eating area

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2011

It's nice to have a place in Houston that serves raw vegan food. I like the Tahini Spinach Wrap and Poblano Corn Chowder. The new eating area is a big improvement. Also, the menu has improved in recent months. See the website for a full menu.

Pros: raw menu, healthy, good variety
detour8
detour8

Raw Food

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

In the process of remodeling, but once that is done will be a nice place to sit and eat. Food was good, only wish the take-out container where bio-degradable.

Pros: healthy food, price
Cons: location

Dear Owner and Manager of The Garden Kitchen: