CLOSED: The Garbanzo Grill...

Mobile food cart offering veggie burgers, vegan gyros with wheat meat, pan-fried falafel, spicy BBQ sandwiches, and more. All menu items can be made vegan upon request. Reported closed to HappyCow Nov 2013, moving to Washington. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by EugeneVegan
AmyStein
AmyStein

Best Food in Eugene

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

I love garbanzo grill! If I could change anything it would only be for more hours open. My husband and I love the burgers. Seriously the best vegan or vegetarian burger existing. Their mac and cheese is also great although not exactly like mac and cheese. This is my favorite place to eat! I take my meat eating friends here so they can see non-meat food can rock!

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: few hours
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Pure Awesome

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

My husband and I visited this cart one time: right after we decided to switch to a plant-based diet, 2 years ago. This cart actually made us relax and know that we not only made the right ethical choice, but a tasty one that we knew we could stick with. That veggie burger was the tastiest one I have had to date: and I've had some amazing ones since then. Two years later and in much better health now, it sticks in our minds and we can't wait to return someday.

Pros: veggie burger, friendly owners, kombucha
Cons: not in portland
xandriah
xandriah

Awesome food, Friendly staff

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2012

On a recent trip to Eugene I made a point to visit this food cart because of the amazing reviews I read on this site. It totally lived up to the hype! My mom ordered the Vegan Gyro, which came with lettuce, tomato, chili sauce, and cucumber. She said it was fantastic, although a bit messy and spicy. I ordered the Falafal pita, with came with similar ingredients as well as a meditteranean relish, which was really spicy as well, but still flavorful and filling. Both orders were relatively inexpensive for vegan food, about 12$ for the both of us I think. The woman that takes your order is incredibly nice and she loves talking to her customers. This food cart is definitely worth visiting.

Pros: Great food, Nice staff, Inexpensive
Cons: No seating, Spicy
  • xandriah xandriah

Please take note that the only reason I gave this cart four stars was because of the spicy toppings, of which I am no particular fan. If you have acquired a taste for spicy food or just plain love it, I'm sure this cart will be five stars for you.

mgallego
mgallego

Not your tipical dry veggie burger

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2011

This is a great food cart with a couple of tables to seat outside. Wonderful people, tasty and inexpensive food. What else can we ask for? Their veggie burgers are very juicy, one day are going to make them famous, but I still prefer the falafel sandwich. Nothing is dry here, all fresh and delicious.

Pros: friendly owners, all hand made, delicious food
Cons: It only opens 11-3, Limited menu, limited sitting
VeganMusicMan
VeganMusicMan

Wonderful...!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

New Veggie/Vegan options popping up in Eugene, OR including several carts/trucks. This trailer in a parking lot on Blair and 4th is worth the trip...wonderful, and inexpensive! The employees were pleasant and didn't mind questions...and afterwards walk a few blocks to The Wandering Goat for an espresso. Cheers for the Whiteaker neighborhood!

MarkUser
MarkUser

Not even my thing but so damn good.

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

Now THIS is how you spice food. Everything on the menu is incredibly tasty and the service is the best in town, period. I must say that I don't eat here as much as I would because the wheat gluten doesn't sit the best with me but I can recognize flavor when I taste it.

Nothing on the menu is less than stellar. The Macaroni & Cheese, served piping hot on the spot, should put all dairy lovers in their place. My dad who can't stand vegan food, absolutely loved the veggie burger & I don't blame him. Their sides are incredible as well, try everything you can.

I feel the need to go a bit in depth on the service here. So many places in town (and especially in Portland) have this holier than though lack of humility, as if you are just another customer standing in the way of their next cigarette break. This place warms my heart every time. The two owners are so generous and such sweethearts, they will give you recipes for sauerkraut, share a story, and all with a smile. You can tell when people are passionate about what they do, and this place has that and more in spades. Take notes every other restaurant/food cart in town, this is how it's done. I'd give this place 25 cows if I could.

Beautiful! I wish them all the success and love in the world, they deserve it.

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
  • MarkUser MarkUser

A bit of an update here. These guys moved to a basically hidden parking lot tucked away where there is no foot traffic. A recent conversation with the owner has me very very saddened, it seems his business is dying. All I can say is MOVE DOWNTOWN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. The reason noone is coming to you anymore (myself included), is because you are never open and it is miles out of our way to even try! Don't let the best veggie burgers on the planet die because of bad business sense!!! All of this is said with the utmost love and respect!!

Posh Nosh
Posh Nosh

Eugene's best kept vegan secret

5 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

Traveling through Eugene with my extended family, I did an i-phone search for a vegan cafe, and stumbled on the Garbanzo Grill. I liked the look of the menu, and the prices were very reasonable - but was surprised when we found a catering wagon in an out-of the-way parking lot. I see from the site that the Garbanzo Grill is about to move, so hopefully more folks will be able to enjoy their great food. We were all amazed at the quality of the food. There are only a few things on the menu, but between us we tried everything, tried bites of each others, and agreed the food was amazing. Fresh, succulent, filling, great sauces - this kind of food gives veganism a good name! Even the non-vegans in our group were impressed. The only thing to add is the friendliness and charm of the owner. Best. Lunch. Ever.

Pros: Delicious food, excellent value, charming owner
Cons: location (but this is changing!)
EugeneVegan
EugeneVegan

Simply Amazing!

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2010

I've had the falafal gyro twice OMG! sooooo good! the mango relish or whatever it was, with the amazing fallafal and all the fresh herbs and seasonings! One of the best meals I've EVER had. If they sold this at the country fair it could easily be the most sold item there. This is by far my favorite veg cart, even better than viva. Way worth the price, i'd pay a dollar or two more if I had to. Friendly owner. Great menu. 5 STARS

Pros: vegan, brilliant flavor, affordable
Cons: bad location

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Garbanzo Grill Food Cart: