The Fresh Market

Sells fresh organic produce, freshly ground nut butters, granola, dried fruit, fresh herbs and spices and more. more-less

First Review by Shanni
Farmaroundthebend
Farmaroundthebend

gorgeous, pricey, vegan options

3 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

This Fresh Market is just like any other except it's a bit smaller in size. It is a beautiful store, fresh flowers in abundance when you walk in, classical music, etc. They definitely have some vegan options...but only because of the produce dept and the fact that they have some dairy alternatives and sell nutritional yeast. The bakery selections are FULL of preservatives and so many things contain dairy and/or eggs. This is a great, fancy place for vegetarians and meat-eaters but it's really NOT that fresh despite the name unfortunately. I stop here when I literally need a piece of produce or two or some almond milk. Earth Fare is just down the street and way more geared to a fresher vegan/vegetarian diet. Again, it's a pretty place to shop though!

Pros: beautiful store, good produce, dairy alternatives
Cons: expensive, lots of preservatives, better for carnivores; not vegans
Lukey
Lukey

• non-vegetarian

I'm Not Very Impressed

1 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

I hoped this would be a good health food store because I live only a mile or so away from it but after shopping there several times, I decided I don't like going in there very much.

I don't care for some of the employees, I just don't like to deal with them. They don't have self checkout, so you have to deal with whoever they may have on duty.

They have a lot of bulk foods but most of it is not organic.

Their meat is so-so. Poultry that's vegan fed, and non organic, so, it probably contains GMOs, but the staff can't answer that question.

The staff doesn't seem too educated on GMOs, etc. It's one of those stores where all the workers seem to be junk food addicts and they don't like organic foods, "they just work there".

They have a lot of gourmet type foods and most of it's really expensive.

I grade a store on many factors. The courtesy of it's employees is as important to me as the quality of the food they sell and the prices.

Their organic popcorn is the worst tasting popcorn I've ever had. I mean, it's terrible. I took some back for a refund many months ago and a few months later I bought some more, just to see if they had found a better source, but they had not. They're still selling that terrible tasting organic popcorn!

All in all, I don't find it a good idea to go there to buy 1 or 2 things that may be on sale. I prefer to shop at Kroger and Ingles which both have as much or more organic produce, dairy, meats, and whole grains.

Pros: Location
Cons: Uneducated staff, Lack of organics, Staff not that friendly
Shanni
Shanni

Don't be fooled by the name

1 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2012

The one time I visited "The Fresh Market" I was expecting to find a typical health food store. What this store actually has to offer is the typical fare of any commercial/chain grocery. Nothing about their "fresh" food is very healthy. Everything contains the same high fructose corn syrup, Monsanto's best genetically modified ingredients , preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, pesticide and bovine hormone infused milk, etc. I would support a store that offers fresh, organic, healthy food. Until then, the Fresh Market is Kroger, is Ingles, is Food Lion. Save your money and shop at a less costly chain for the same quality food.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Fresh Market: