Stocking gluten free, organic food and seasonal produce, vitamins, bulk, beer, wine, frozen and refrigerated food, natural health and beauty care products, and more. Not all veg. Call for hours - tell us. more-less
734 W Wisconsin Ave
Appleton, Wisconsin 54914
920-968-1260

First Review by LisaC
lgunyon
lgunyon

A great place!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

Has a good selection of gluten free products, nice bulk food area & a yearly vegan bake sale that is fun and delicious. AND they are building a new bigger store....Yay!
They are such nice people too.

Pros: good selection, friendly, clean
theawesomestpossum
theawesomestpossum

one of my favorite stores!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

I love it here. They have a great selection of vegan staples and splurge items, and everything is reasonably priced. Membership is optional, but it's inexpensive and you easily make up the fee through the discounts you get. The owners and employees are super nice--happy to order things for you if they're not in the store, and will throw in little freebies now and then. Highly recommended!

Pros: good selection, reasonable prices, friendly staff
LisaC
LisaC

I was impressed

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2009

I travel a lot and sometimes go out of my way to visit a veggie restaurant. I love co-ops and health food stores, something about the vibe or having familiar stuff that I like, all across the nation. This place did not let me down. It is small and I expected that, but for the size, it had more variety than I was anticipating. A little fresh veggie section, bulk section...frozen foods, packaged foods, vitamins, snacks, cleaning products, etc.

My meat and potatoes family doesn't really know what to do with me, so I just needed a couple groceries for a brief weekend trip. We even got a baby coconut because they didn't know what it was and I figured it would be good considering the warm weather.

Pros: Great variety, friendly staff, Near the airport
Cons: Small place, Seemed out of the way

Dear Owner and Manager of The Free Market: