The Foundry

Serves meat, veg options available. This restaurant, with a youthful atmosphere, has all veggie options clearly marked with carrot symbols on their paper menu and by an * on their web menu. Almost 50% of menu items are veggie and can be made vegan. Try the Cheat Lover's Pizza which is topped with vegan Italian sausage and vegan rice cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
424 Westport Rd (Pennsylvania Ave)
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
816-960-0866

Open Mon-Sun 4pm-3am.

First Review by a woods
Smallu
Smallu

Great location, service & food

4 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2013

I visited this place last week based upon good reviews and it's proximity to the Q Hotel where I stay whenever I'm in K.C. I ordered the vegan nachos and they were amazing; the order is huge so this can serve as dinner or be shared between up 4+ people as an appetizer. The waiter also recommend the falafel sandwich. The falafel was tasty, but the sandwich was dry and boring. Next time I'll want to be trying the vegan pizza and sliders. Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff.

Pros: Vegan nachos, Good service, Good value
Cons: Loud, Sports pub
Justin K.
Justin K.

Great Vegan-Friendly Bar+ in Westport!

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2012

The Foundry is in the Top 3 for my list of favorite veg-friendly places in KC; with how easy it is to order vegan there it's probably #1!

Nachos with everything but the kitchen sink (sub- vegan cheese and cheat meat) and you've got an app that's big enough to be a meal. The cheat lovers pizza's is one of the consistently best pizzas I eat in general (especially if you're there on the right night - check their specials!) I've had the ratatouille with subbed vegan cheese and it was phenomenal. Never had fake bacon before here and the V.L.T. changed my life! I could go on but you get the point.

Oh, and if all that tasty deliciousness wasn't enough of a reason to go here, they also happen to brew great beer in their micro-brewery and the selection is almost entirely Vegan! Growlers-to-go are an excellent decision I am quickly learning.

Pros: outstanding vegan beer & food selection, friendly helpful staff, indoor and outdoor seating
Cons: can get rather noisey
a woods
a woods

foundry good veg "junk food"

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

this is where i go when i need a junk food fix! nachos, pizza, etc...they have vegan cheese, italian "sausage" and even gluten free crust and bread options. taco tuesday is fun as they have 2 vegan/vegetarian options that night as well (black beans or tvp). oh a vegan blt is on the menu also. my personal favorite is having the sunflower salad topped with tvp and vegan cheese

Pros: good value, large portions, tasty food
Cons: service can be "sluggish"

Dear Owner and Manager of The Foundry: