CLOSED: The Food of 7 Vegan

Menu includes juices and ice cream. They also sell herbal remedies. Located at the back of a mall next to Pizza Pizza and Charterhouse restaurants. Bay views from the back of the restaurant. Confirmed open July 2013. JAN 2014 REPORTED SHUT BY HAPPYCOW MEMBER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western
Rodney Bay (/near Baywalk Shopping Mall)
Rodney Bay, Saint Lucia
572-7777

Open 8am-close.

First Review by PriestKailash
Jacqueline1964
Jacqueline1964

It was not open

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Finding this restaurant on Happy Cow, I was looking forward to visiting Food of 7 whilst visiting St. Lucia. The restaurant was closed on the weekend. Then on Monday afternoon, I went to see if I could order a take out and was told that my request was impossible. Apparently they have a list of clients that they cook for. If none of the clients order food, then none is cooked. This is not a restaurant that you can pop into as a visitor. This is strictly for locals. Very disappointed.

Pros: No pros. None at all.
Cons: Closed on weekends, Locals only
Meowmeow
Meowmeow

Not the great experience I wanted

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

Growing up the veg daughter of a St. Lucian, I know just how many great vegan dishes you can make with the bevy of fresh local fruit and vegetables on the island. West Indians call vegetarian food 'provisions', as in the side dishes. Rastafarians call their style of vegan cooking Ital.

So, when I found the new Baywalk Mall completed on my last visit I was thrilled to see the Food of 7 vegan food stand in the atrium area. I came back the nexy day for lunch, b/c I wasn't aware of the main restaurant behind the mall. Not sure if they serve dinner.

I found my lunchl fell short of my standard expectations. Service was slow island style which is fine but the disinterested, cold attitude was not. The food was in cafeteria-style trays and no effort was taken to explain what was on offer and nothing was labelled. The young woman behind the counter took about 5 minutes to assemble 2 plates of pre-made food and then put them out on the counter and walked away to start cleaning. We stood there for awhile wondering if she had forgotten about the payment.

We decided to call her back and settle up before eating but not surprising that collecting money was not a priority. Even though this is a take-away stand in a food court, maybe they have a pay after you eat system? Who knows.

The food was not great. Not the fresh, flavourful dishes I'm used to having at home. There was a cabbage dish that I swear was nothing but shredded cabbage with no flavour. It's disappointing because coming from Toronto, I can get way better Ital vegan food here loaded with spices and bursting with flavours.

I think bland vegan food does a disservice to everyone who has ever tasted it because it perpetuates the idea that eating healthy means eating boring, tasteless food.

As another reviewer mentioned, they had signs up saying 'Black Supremacy' which is a bit worrying when you consider that this mall in the middle of the busiest tourist part of the island, Rodney Bay. As a white St. Lucian, I can't help but feel the sting of the past colonial oppression but deeply question how any supremacy movement would help the situation.

I would advise travellers to stick to the row of restaurants behind the mall. Memories of Hong Kong, Razmataz and others all have vegetarian and vegan options.

If you're staying in Soufriere, there's Emerald's vegetarian restaurant at Anse Chastanet Resort and Boucan at Hotel Chocolat offers vegetarian fine dining with fantastic views. Reservations advised for both

Pros: Completely vegan, Location, Fairly cheap
Cons: Slow service, Not very tasty, Black supremacy signs
Caroline12345
Caroline12345

Great!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

There is one small stand in the Rodney Bay Mall by other small restaurants. They also have a seperate restaurant outside the mall off the main road. There was only one meal to get but it was great and completely vegan. They also had other selections. The food was good and I would recommend stopping by.

Pros: good food, friendly, inexpensive
Cons: somewhat hard to find

Toobski
Toobski

Blessed Love!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

This is such a fantastic place to visit. The food is super tasty and the staff is very friendly. They have a fixed menu every day. It is all totally vegan though. I was very surprised to find this restaurant in a place where people love their meat so much.

Pros: Tasty, Good portions, Friendly staff
PriestKailash
PriestKailash

Blessed Love This Restaurant is open relocated

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2011

Excellent Food relocated to Rodney Bay next to kalione court.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Food of 7 Vegan: