Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and bar. Offers several vegan items marked on the menu including an organic quinoa burger, epic salad, and peanut bowl. One weekend mornings a tofu scramble and vegan stacks. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Canadian, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1667 Argyle St (downtown)
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2B5
902-444-1414

First Review by QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Just okay

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2015

The Foggy Goggle is a place I had wanted to visit since moving home almost 2 years ago. I knew they had some vegan options on the menu and was always intrigued by the giant goggles on the outside of their building. Walking in I loved the pub style ambiance. Being from the East Coast it makes it feel like home. The lighting was a bit dim for my taste however. Looking over the menu I saw quite a few items with vegan mentioned in the name or that sounded vegan. My husband ordered the Thai peanut bowl and I settled for the quinoa burger, which sounds completely vegan but tricks you with the mustard sauce which has honey (I asked the waitress cause I had my suspicion). My husband also ordered a vegan smoothie which was quick to come out but in all honestly was the most disgusting excuse for a smoothie either of us have ever had. It tasted like watered down almond milk with chunks of fruit in it. The rest of the food came out shortly after, very prompt. We were left without cutlery and my husband had to go ask the waitress for some. I really enjoyed my burger, it was filling and flavorful. Hubby was a bit disappointed with the bowl though. He was hoping for more tofu but he did love the sauce.

Overall, it was an okay experience but can't say it's a place I would spend the money on again. Service was okay, atmosphere was mostly okay and the food was mostly good.

And as a vegan I do have to say smelling bacon throughout the place was unappetizing as well.

Pros: Vegan options
Cons: Bit pricy

Dear Owner and Manager of The Foggy Goggle: