The Flying Biscuit Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegans please inquire about options and inform HappyCow. Popular brunch spot with interesting paintings and decor. Most items contain egg or dairy. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Non-veg
1655 Mclendon Ave NE (Clifton Rd NE, Little Five Points)
Atlanta, Georgia 30307
404-687-8888

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by mentally.ticklish
Jennycraig
Jennycraig

great breakfast, some vegan options, nice neighborhood

3 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

Great friendly staff and delicious food. There are vegan options but keep in mind this is not a total vegan restaurant, which are in short supply! Tofu scramble and soysage, but no vegan cheese.

Pros: vegan options , friendly staff, nice neighborhood
Cons: no vegan cheese
MaryAshley
MaryAshley

Great Tofu Scramble

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

I went to the Flying Biscuit to indulge my friends, but was happily surprised to find that they have soymilk for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, they have a great veggie tofu scramble, many of their sides are vegan, including amazing rosemary potatoes and the stay was really friendly. I was pleasantly surprised!

Pros: tofu scramble, rosemary potatoes, soymilk
Cons: very busy/crowded
SunsetGypsy
SunsetGypsy
  • raw

Nice Atmosphere and Food

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

My friends and I ate at the Flying Biscuit about three years ago on the way back from our mountain trip in Asheville, NC. Be sure to try this restaurant. We really enjoyed the omelets and biscuits. It seems like they had pancakes, too, with blackberry and raspberries on top. They used to operate a bakery, too, so it may still be in the restaurant (it is on the side room). The restaurant is located in Little Five Points, Atlanta where you can always find creatively dressed people, artists, and musicians.

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Staff, Good Bakery
Cons: Can Be Crowded, Sometimes Noisy

cari
cari

Amazing Breakfast late in the day!

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

I loved this place! I had the breakfast burito and my friend had the tofu scramble. So good and a great amount of food for about $9 a piece. Loved it and cannot wait to go back! I am hungry just thinking of this place!

Pros: Good prices, very vegan friendly, AMAZING FOOD
navski
navski

disappointingly overrated

2 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2008

Everyone in Atlanta seemed to be recommending this place for breakfast, but not even our carnivore friend liked it. Friend who ate dairy found it horribly heavy and felt ill. Extremely long wait as well and weak on the vegan options. At least for breakfast...

Cons: unappealing food, few vegan choices, long wait
fawn588
fawn588

Great BBQ Tofu

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2008

A correction to all the other reviewers there are several vegan items on flying biscuits menu. I go there at least once a week and they have a vegan BBQ buritto, vegan burgers (black bean and veggie), the 10th and piedmont location has never added butter to my tofu scramble, nor has the McLendon one. Look closer at the menu there are a handful of vegan selections and they are all delicious.

Pros: atmosphere, friednly service, great mimosa's
Cons: biscuits aren't vegan :(
ardnaxela
ardnaxela

not vegan friendly

1 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2007

ordered the scrambled tofu which i was told was the only vegan breakfast item. after breakfast i got very sick which leads me to beleive that the flying biscuit cooks with butter (even though i asked and was told that they did not). i will never eat there again.

mentally.ticklish
mentally.ticklish

No vegan biscuits?!

3 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2007

I can't believe a biscuit cafe as funky fresh as this place doesn't offer vegan biscuits! I've only stopped by once while I was staying in town & I was glad I did. The atmosphere of the place is great: interesting paintings & decor with winged biscuits painted all over the walls. It seems like a hot spot for brunches & meet ups because when I visited it was packed with loud & laughing folks. For people who prefer quieter environments than a social spot, you may want to look on as this place seems to get pretty loud with chatter. I tried their scrambled tofu & vegetable dish with moondusted potatoes & wild greens salad with a nice raspberry dressing. It was delicious but it would've been so much better with a vegan biscuit instead of those potatoes! Staff seemed very friendly & helpful- upon arriving I told our waiter I was vegan & he pointed out all of my options for me- very nice.

Pros: helpful staff
Cons: No vegan biscuits!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Flying Biscuit Cafe: