Serves meat, veg options available. Has many vegan dishes. Menu indicates dairy, gluten, spiciness, nuts and added sugar in items. 20% takeaway discount, reported May 2015. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

Tigra220
Tigra220

Beautiful decor

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

I was on a tour, so time was rushed for me. This place proved to be the easiest to find, so I ran in, requested something that was delicious, vegan and spicy. The man teased me but put in a rush order and had me out of there in my allotted 10 minute time frame. I spent the entire 10 minutes gawking at the restaurant's interior, which was very lovely. It's a very large, spacious, and welcoming place, full of cultural art and color. My food was full of that irresistible aroma that I love so dearly in Indian cuisine. I was happy to have found this place in my mad dash.

Vegmers
Vegmers

Good Indian food

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2011

Eastern Eye has a great location, and it's worth going there at least once just to enjoy the room. There is a limited selection of vegan dishes on the menu, but they were able to adapt the vegetarian Thali to be vegan. The food was very good and flavourful if a little too oily, and the portions were very generous. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Pros: flavourful food, friendly service
aclasse
aclasse

Great setting

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2007

In a Georgian(?) hall so huge and pink that you do a double-take when you get inside. There was a modest vegetarian subsection on the menu; dishes with dairy produce in them were marked so you could tell what was vegan by a process of elimination. Found the food pleasant but not outstanding, and possibly a bit over-salted. We went on a Saturday evening and got a table in spite of not having booked, but were given the impression that booking would be a good idea another time.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Eastern Eye: