The Earth Cafe and Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual cafe offers a mostly vegetarian menu of breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soups, smoothies, juices, baked goods, and coffee drinks. Affiliated with Earth Natural Foods shop on Flood Street. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by VeggiePinkoKat
Cobwebs64
Cobwebs64

Bigger space, food still great

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

I haven't been in Norman since 2011, and The Earth was a tiny tiny shop on the corner of Asp at Campus Corners... difficult to get seating even at "off hours" but now! Not only is it bigger, but the lot (just past the old location) provides parking for any of the businesses in that building and therefore, you have free parking, too! A real bonus in this busy spot of Norman, so close to the OU campus.

I enjoy the robust ingredient offerings, and unlike another reviewer, I do not find the menu to restrictive. Of course, if you are going to compare it to a big city, then sure... but look, we're talking about a small college town (but not a small college!) that is still opening itself little by little, and therefore, I do not compare this to larger cities I've dined in.

I find the offerings well-thought out: it is still catering to a small percentage of people in Norman, which is already saturated with restaurants (and car dealerships!) so they can't possibly maintain quality and freshness with too many selections. Check out their menu online, you will find something to please you.

Their desserts are very delicious and the staff I encountered I found to be friendly, inquisitive without being intrusive, and made me feel at home. (I was dining alone this time.)

Norman used to be a healthy-food wasteland, a vegetarian desert. No more. I am about to write reviews on a few other oases in this growing little veg-friendly core in Norman.

Get yourself to the Earth Café and Deli... you won't regret it.

Pros: Bigger, brighter space, parking, top quality organic ingredients
Cons: Very busy location at Campus Corners
Doggiedoc
Doggiedoc

Better than only "veg friendly"

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

We love The Earth and eat here for breakfast and lunch often. It's the only place in Norman that I know for sure that I'm going to get a yummy meal that fits my dietary lifestyle, if somewhat of a caloric splurge, and I don't have to scour the menu too hard or get weird looks in the process. Almost everything on the menu can be ordered to be vegan, and the staff is helpful and educated to guide you in the this decision. All of the deserts are vegan. It's good, comforting veggie diner-style food.

Pros: almost all vegetarian, accepting atmosphere
Cons: lots of processed foods
lapetitejoie
lapetitejoie

New Location, Same Great Food

3 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

The Earth has moved to a newly remodeled, larger location right next to their old location. It now has much more of a "restaurant" vibe, where you sit down and a waitress serves you. Much of the menu has remained the same, though. A lot of the options are vegetarian and can easily be made vegan, with a few exclusively vegan options. There aren't too many things to choose from, and I do wish there was more variety, but pretty much everything is really great. They offer breakfast as well as lunch/dinner. I would recommend the hummus sandwich, I get it almost every time. They also have a "build your own salad" option, which is pretty awesome. It's a large salad with generous portions and quality ingredients.

Kirsten Adams
Kirsten Adams

Yum!!!

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2010

This place was awesome! The food was amazing and very appetizing, but more importantly the atmosphere is so relaxed. I suggest to anyone who goes there try their yummy lavender cake. Delicious!

Pros: inventive dishes, environment, eco friendly
Cons: only veg-friendly

jade4147
jade4147

The Earth Cafe and Deli

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2008

The food is so good and the service is great! If you want healthy things to eat come here.

Pros: good value, great food, great service
Cons: small, could be cleaner
VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

Hooray for a this indie veggie cafe/deli

4 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2007

I love supporting this indie veggie friendly cafe/deli. I only wish they'd go strictly veggie/vegan and stop selling meat and fish in the market.
The cafe has yummy tempeh-lettuce-tomato sandwiches and the bbq chik'n salad is delish. They make a yummy vegan pumpkin pie too!
staff is always nice.

Pros: veggie in Oklahoma, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: sells dead animals & eggs, needs more produce

Dear Owner and Manager of The Earth Cafe and Deli: