Serves meat, veg options available. Makes western-style sandwiches, with several being vegetarian and possibly could be made vegan by elimination of cheese/mayonnaise and substituting bread with a tortilla wrap. All sandwiches come with veggies such as fresh romaine and arugula lettuce, red onions, kabocha pumpkin, or sweet potato. Soup on most days don not contain animal products. Has soy-based soft serve in a cone (no animal products). Last order taken 1 hour before closing. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, Non-veg
2-21-2 Akasaka, Minato-ku (Roppongi Doori)
Tokyo, Japan 107-0052
03-35050312

Mon-Fri 6:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm

First Review by TokyoVegan
Kimxula
Kimxula

The best sandwich I've had in Tokyo!! :)

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

I found The Earl totally by chance when I was actually looking for another restaurant in the area. It was empty; it was late Halloween night 2014, so most people were in Roppongi partying, but the owner, one of the waiters and his wife and kids were there enjoying a movie night (I believe Ghostbusters was on).

They were all super friendly and welcoming - lovely to chat to and made me feel right at home. I joined them for the movie night and ordered the California Bombshell sandwich (avocado, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, kumara potato, red onion, cheese, poppy seeds) and tomato rosemary soup and it was divine - seriously one of the best veg sandwiches I've ever had. They are pricey, though (there are four veg ones to choose from and range from 1,150-1,300 yen...crazy since you could get 2 or 3 meals at some soba or udon places for that price) so personally The Earl would be somewhere I go as a treat, rather than a regular place. A shame though, because the food is so tasty and the staff treated me like family (they were dining on 'little hotties' when I was there and graciously gave me a veggie chili one for free)! In fact, once I was done eating, I went with the waiter's wife and his kids to Roppongi to check out the 'parade' of Halloween costumes....a lovely and memorable experience after a great dinner at The Earl!

Pros: Delicious sandwiches!, Super friendly staff, They have movie & game nights
Cons: Expensive
jenchal
jenchal

delicious but overpriced

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

The sandwiches are very tasty, and it is easy to customise them for different dietary needs. The menu is detailed and in English.
The only negative was the price - more than 1000 yen for a small sandwich

Pros: delicious food, lots of options
Cons: overpriced
MidnightSun112
MidnightSun112

Agreed - best sandwich place in Tokyo!

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

I had never heard of this place until seeing it on Happy Cow and it looked amazing so I decided to try it. I wasn't disappointed! There are about 30 sandwiches on the menu including 5 veg (vegan possible) options, and let me clarify that these are creative, filling, quality options, not just a weak lettuce, cheese, and tomato option like some other places. The owner seems to be a native English speaker and if you have any questions, just take a look at the bilingual menu brochure on the little table to check full product ingredient lists and where meat & vegetables are sourced from.

I had the California Bombshell sandwich with its homemade mango and curry sauce, which was wonderful, along with the "Brazilian black bean & salsa soup (yes, there is a God!!)". It was fantastic!
For next time, the Venusian Vixen sandwich looks equally amazing. Other menu items included several vegetarian soups, vegetarian (vegan?) chili, wraps, and nice-looking salads. They also do delivery to a fairly large area. Highly-recommended!

Pros: innovative veg sandwiches, great place for veg and non veg people, vegan friendly
Cons: none really

TokyoVegan
TokyoVegan

Best Sandwich Place in Tokyo!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2011

Yesterday, we had the "California Bombshell", which is vegan, if you ask to hold the cheese--full of sweet potatoes, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, onions, and (special order) fresh basil too. We've had their Venusian Vixen sandwich a couple times, and it's also delicious, especially for Tokyo (skimpy sandwiches on soft white bread are the norm. Have tasted 3 kinds of soup and all were really good.

The owner is a real connessieur of sandwiches, and staff are all really friendly. They can make special sandwiches and vegan sweets, too, with advance notice (do catering too). They are one of the few places I know serving soymilk soft cream!

Pros: many fresh veggies, delicious and unique, generous portions
Cons: animal foods, more vegan items

Dear Owner and Manager of The Earl: