Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house also offering baked goods, breakfast, and lunch food including vegan choices like the veggie sandwich and vegan tofu scramble. Has plant milk for drinks. Features art displays, evening events. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
444 N Bumby Ave
Orlando, Florida 32803
407-893-4994

Mon-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri 7:00am-11:00pm, Sat 8:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jenneyrebecca
TraceyTrexlerJacobs
TraceyTrexlerJacobs

Great vegan options but soups are too salty

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

Love the vegan paella, breakfast burritos, ANZAC Cookies and coffee. But soups are very salty. My last three soup orders were too salty. I hope they modify the recipe because they would be delicious for vegans and gluten free diners.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 19, 2013

Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 18, 2014

Pros: variety of vegan foods
Cons: salty soups
Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Not sure how I feel about this place

3 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

This is a coffee shop with a ton of food options. It was pretty dark and just seemed dirty to me. The food was all in an old deli case but was labeled clearly, although the signs were faded. They have vegan, vegetarian and meat options. I guess I'm suspicious of small establishments that do so much-they also had gluten free. It just seems it would be difficult to keep everything straight and keep the vegan items fully vegan. For example-regular, vegan and GF brownies that all looked exactly the same.
It was also the first time I've ever been seriously stared at while nursing my daughter. One cashier stared for a long time, got another cashier and she stared too. I was in the corner across the room staring back and they didn't seem to care, just kept watching me!
I ended up getting a bottled soda because I wasn't so sure of the food.

Pros: Lots of options, Clearly labeled
Cons: Dirty, Dark
danadoubleu
danadoubleu

Really Cute Place

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2010

This place is a cute coffeeshop. They have good food (vegan and veg) It was fun to hang out there

jenneyrebecca
jenneyrebecca

Great food!

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2008

Great food! We were so lucky to find this place on our way through town. The food was really delicious, they had vegetarian and vegan wraps and dinner specials, as well as quiches and other nonveg dishes, and a whole lot of pastries. It looked like there were a lot of gluten-free items, too. The staff were all really nice and the atmosphere was more coffee-shop than restaurant. We liked it so much we went back for dinner, and all of the five or six different dishes we tried were delicious.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good location
Cons: not much seating, little parking, not enough side dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar: