The Doshi House Cafe

A coffeehouse with live music and events. Offers a vegetarian food menu with sandwiches, smoothies, teas and coffee. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Fusion, Beer/Wine
3419 Dowling St
Houston, Texas 77004
713-528-0060

Open Mon-Fri 9am-10pm, Sat 11am-10pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by AdamDaniels
pazyverdad
pazyverdad

the perfect coffee shop

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I visited this place several times during my stay in Houston. After one stop in, I was in love. This place has a great vibe--good music, ample space, and a comfortable atmosphere. The owner is really friendly, as is all the staff. Delicious beverages and food. I had a salad (which was delicious) and my girlfriend tried two versions of the vegan empanadas, which she raved about. I very highly recommend this place. It's my favorite coffee shop in Houston, hands down. Unlike many other cafes, the vegan options are stellar. They also seem to host some awesome events. Check them out and I swear you'll never regret it.

Pros: great atmosphere, great food, very friendly
Cons: none.
AdamDaniels
AdamDaniels

Great food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I luckily found this gem while visiting Houston for my first time. I currently live in Philadelphia but will be moving to the Houston area soon. The food and smoothie I order was excellent and the service was great and personable. The decor inside was very relaxing and cozy. Definitely a good place to read a book or work on other studies (I think they have free WiFi). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great tasting food and smoothies especially if you are a vegan or vegetarian. I will be visiting again when I move to Houston, keep up the great food and service!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly people, Fair prices

Dear Owner and Manager of The Doshi House Cafe: