The Doshi House Cafe

A coffeehouse with live music and events. Offers a vegetarian food menu with sandwiches, smoothies, teas and coffee. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Fusion

ChristineLee
ChristineLee

My favorite spot

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2016

I love this place. It's an all vegetarian and mostly vegan cafe. As far as I know, the empandas and all the dinner specials are vegan. The paninis can be made vegan upon request. They have Sinfull Bakery cinnamon rolls and cookies, and carry vegan cupcakes but you'd have to ask which ones are. Drinks are great; their chai is pretty famous and their smoothies are all good. I love the pink panther. Owner is friendly and the vibe is really laid-back. It has a cozy and weird ambience that I like.

Pros: food is bomb , eccentric interior, friendly owner
Veganmama101
Veganmama101

Hard to find

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2015

The address on the website somehow sends you to the opposite direction, but all you have to do is call and they will happily give you directions. The food was AMAZING and customer service was so wonderful. The prices aren't bad either. I really enjoyed it and I will be going back again!

Pros: Great food , Comfortable setting inside , Friendly workers
Cons: The area it's at
BG713
BG713

Fun Kitschy Atmosphere- Serious food!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2015

I visited Doshi cafe yesterday with my boyfriend who is not vegan. I should preface by saying this is not in a great area of town but once inside Doshi House, this matters not. The decor is charmingly mismatched and the local art displayed is beautiful. The staff is incredible friendly including the owner Deepak, who was very hands on with the business and a complete delight to interact with. My boyfriend and I both got the special of the day: a vegan alternative of butter chicken. It was served with a perfectly seasoned garlic pita and the meal melted in your mouth. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered a second one to go. I also partook of the empanadas and while smaller than I envisioned they were also quite tasty. The highlight of everything though was the cinnamon rolls that we brought home with us for today's breakfast. We couldn't resist having a taste last night and they were so delicious that we actually polished them off immediately- my boyfriend still can't believe they were vegan. Overall a very worthwhile stop! Enjoy! :)

Pros: delicious food, charming atmosphere, friendly staff

MonicaPena
MonicaPena

Totally Chill.

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

I Love the artichoke panini, soooooooooo good, but not just that the atmosphere is amazing. I feel like I'm home, it's comfy as heck. And their plantain chips are yummy and so are they're soups and cupcakes.

Pros: sofas, Vegan food, awesome people
Cons: parking lot is a bit bumpy, wish they had more food options.
pazyverdad
pazyverdad

the perfect coffee shop

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I visited this place several times during my stay in Houston. After one stop in, I was in love. This place has a great vibe--good music, ample space, and a comfortable atmosphere. The owner is really friendly, as is all the staff. Delicious beverages and food. I had a salad (which was delicious) and my girlfriend tried two versions of the vegan empanadas, which she raved about. I very highly recommend this place. It's my favorite coffee shop in Houston, hands down. Unlike many other cafes, the vegan options are stellar. They also seem to host some awesome events. Check them out and I swear you'll never regret it.

Pros: great atmosphere, great food, very friendly
Cons: none.
AdamDaniels
AdamDaniels

Great food and atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2012

I luckily found this gem while visiting Houston for my first time. I currently live in Philadelphia but will be moving to the Houston area soon. The food and smoothie I order was excellent and the service was great and personable. The decor inside was very relaxing and cozy. Definitely a good place to read a book or work on other studies (I think they have free WiFi). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves great tasting food and smoothies especially if you are a vegan or vegetarian. I will be visiting again when I move to Houston, keep up the great food and service!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly people, Fair prices

Dear Owner and Manager of The Doshi House Cafe: