Indian dosa restaurant, opened in fall of 2013 as The Dosa Factory. Dosa is a fermented crepe made from rice batter and lentils. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

Koshka
Koshka

Good Dosas

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

My aunt brought us vegan take out from this place. But it is now called 'dgn factory'. At least that is what it says on the flyer. We had 2 kinds of Dosa and lentil donuts with a curry sauce. The food was good. Nothing too special, but for once in a while it is ok.
What I like a lot about the menu/flyer is that the dishes are marked as vegan, gluten-free and jain. So you know if a dish is not vegan.
I cannot say anything about the place or service as I have not been there.

MaryAnneRohrdanz
MaryAnneRohrdanz

vegan goodness

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

Went to The Dosa Factory for the first time. The owners were super great--told us what was vegan, what had gluten, etc. There are LOTS of vegan options, and most everything is gluten free.

Also told us how to eat dosas and what everything was :).

The food was great and the people friendly.

I'll definitely be back.

Pros: many vegan options, inexpensive, friendly folks
saveur
saveur

Fusion Indian

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

I really liked my experience at The Dosa Factory. It is a fast food type eatery but what that translates into is fresh food made fast. They are making traditional dosas (Indian crepes) more accessible. First, by pairing them with traditional and also non-traditional combinations (Mexican black beans and salsa, etc). Second, they also serve the dosas as wraps/burrito, with the filling inside and the dosa tucked neatly, cut into manageable pieces. If you order the dosa masala, you will still be treated to the monster crepe, without any alteration. I also recommend the idli, which I normally find too bland. Although, here they sell mini idlis with your choice for a variety of flavourful sauces. I found the food really good. The dosas were nice and crispy and not oily. They have self serve sambhar which was also very good. I also really enjoyed their kheer (Indian flavoured rice pudding, made with soy milk). Not nearly as spicy as others I have tried but still filled with flavour.

This resto is entirely vegetarian with lots of vegan options. Dosas can be modified to omit the cheese if desired.

Pros: fast, easy to eat dosa
Cons: some spicy dishes, but ask beforehand

Dear Owner and Manager of dgn Factory: