The Cutting Board Bakery...

The first dedicated vegetarian restaurant in the East Valley, this bakery and cafe offers a menu based on whole foods and, whenever possible, locally source produce. Beverages include fresh juices, smoothies, coffee and espresso. Hosts speaking events, movies, and food tastings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Bakery, Juice bar, Take-out

LindaCurry
LindaCurry

Amazing growth, amazing cafe

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

This vegetarian/vegan café has been open for one year. I am amazed at the growth over this year. The food is amazing, fresh, healthy, the service is spot-on and a great place to learn, meet new people and grow the community. If you haven't been in awhile, visit again and be amazed! Communicate any issues and they respond really well. Thanks Sean and Krystal for contributing to a healthier community. Must tries for gf like myself: pizza, quinoa or rice power bowls. And for the sweet tooth, they specialize in sweet healthy treats.

Pros: amazing food, amazing staff, amazing atmosphere
jlo5616
jlo5616

Fresh Organic Flavorful Deliciousness!

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2014

My boyfriend, friend and I stopped here on our way back from the Mesa Swap Meet. The menu was full of organic, fresh produce in unique dishes, and gluten-free items were clearly labeled. The food came out fresh and flavorful, beautiful presentation... all three of us (me a vegan & gluten-free, boyfriend a vegan, and friend an omnivore) loved our dishes and finished every bite! We got a free sample of a smoothie that was awesome, and I got organic iced tea that was sublime. I only wish it was a little closer to Tempe!

Pros: Fresh organic produce, Unique & flavorful dishes, Gluten-free options
Cons: Location far from Tempe/Phoenix, Limited baked goods/desserts
stevensmara
stevensmara

Tasty

3 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Very clean and had great customer service. The owner approached us personally to ask how our meal was. Food was nice I thought it a little over priced though.

darkmatterhari
darkmatterhari

Hidden Gem

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

A coworker told me about the Cutting Board so a friend and I checked it out for Sunday brunch. We had a couple of chai lattes, the sweet potato hash, and a veg-head. Food and service were both great, will definitely be coming back.

Only thing I'd recommend is it's really hard to see this place from the street. They've been open a few months but the sign for the old coffee shop is still up. If someone hadn't told me about it I wouldn't have known it was there. It's worth tracking them down though!

Pros: good food, menu options, nice staff
Cons: wrong signage, easy to miss driving by
Supercords
Supercords

Spice up Mesa!

3 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2013

I attended a special evening screening of a documentary the other week. Three menu options were offered for dinner, and I chose the black bean burrito/wrap. Portion size was about average; served with some blue corn chips and a small cup of salsa. I had high hopes, because there are few vegan/vegetarian options in Mesa.

Sadly, I was rather underwhelmed by my meal. The wrap was lacking any sauce and flavor. Where was the spicy tofu mayo or spices? The salsa was bland. Vegan doesn't have to mean boring. Perhaps the rest of the menu is better--this review is based completely on my one meal.

The place is new, bright, and clean. I could tell a lot of love had been put into its creation. Hoping for a few menu tweaks to jazz up some of their entrees. Maybe a toppings/sauce bar would help.

Pros: Menu descriptions sound appealing, Bright and clean, Friendly service
Cons: A little pricey, Meal lacked flavor
Go Vegan!
Go Vegan!

Yumm-O!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

My mom and I drove all the way to AZ from Chicago, and I found this restaurant by searching the web. It opened less than 5 days ago. Great food and friendly people--what more can a hungry person ask for? I'm a vegan but my mom isn't, and we both really enjoyed our meals! We will tell all of our AZ friends to stop on in for a bite. Thank you!!!

BeckyK
BeckyK

Delicious and fresh!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

So happy to have the The Cutting Board Bakery and Cafe in east Mesa! The food is delicious - you don't have to be vegeterian or vegan to enjoy. The Santa Monica is definitely a favorite. The breakfast burrito, and tamari tofu English muffin (with homemade pesto) were both very tasty. Will be a new favorite hangout.

Pros: Fresh, local sourced, homemade food , Nice amiance , Friendly, great people

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cutting Board Bakery and Cafe: