A cupcake bakery that also offers a couple egg-free and dairy-free varieties each day as well soymilk option for coffee and shakes. Takes custom vegan cake orders. more-less

First Review by EllieG
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Disappointing

1 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

Given that the vegan cupcakes are $4.75 and this is a proper bakery with interesting ideas, I expected a lot more.
I had a chocolate orange cupcakes- the sponge was really dry and the icing had that taste you get when you use flavouring that is out of date, giving it more of a chemical flavour.

I assumed my partner would be more pleased with his but sadly not. He had some sort of chocolate raspberry coconut one with a shop bought biscuit on top. Again his sponge was very dry, but the icing was alright. The best bit was the biscuit....

Considering this place has awards and serious amounts of cake-making experience, I was really disappointed.

Pros: shop is decorated nicely
Cons: dry, possibly going stale?, expensive
blinki
blinki

Good when you get one

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

The first time I went the vegan cakes were sold out- a Saturday afternoon. When I went back they had a little tray of vegan cakes in the back. The texture was good and it looked really good. I found the cake and icing clashed but separately they tasted good.

EllieG
EllieG

Vegan Birthday Surprise!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

I was given a Vegan chocolate & peppermint cupcake for my birthday. It was delicious!! Thank you Cupcake Parlour!!

Pros: Amazing Flavour, 'Melts in your mouth' Frosting, Friendly & Understanding Staff
Cons: It's not next to my house!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cupcake Parlour: