Whole food cafe offering in-house-made hot lunch, cake, organic coffee, fresh juices and smoothies; a few vegan and gluten free options. Mostly organic, fair trade and locally sourced food. Is also a center for well being with a large range of services including acupuncture and massage. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, British, English, Juice bar, Take-out

Tue-Sat 10:00am-4:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by Sarah73
Xxlauraann
Xxlauraann

Great, local veggie cafe!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2014

Love the Courtyard Cafe, brilliant food with raw/vegan options, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Went recently for a raw food lunch and the food was absolutely fantastic! Would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Raw lunch , Reasonably priced , Homemade food
anonymuts
anonymuts

Yummy food, lots of good and healthy stuff

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2014

September 2014,. Was in the area visiting family members, when I found out about this lunch room via HappyCow, I can't resit not to try it, because there are basically not so much other places one cat eat out at, being both vegan and lactose intolerant.
They had a lot of vegan options, and they were all very well marked on the menu.
I chose a sandwich with hummus and roasted vegetables which was very good. A bit on the small side. I was still hungry afterwards.
Then I had a desert, chocolate end lemon cake. The lemon cake was absolutely delicious, best cake I had in many years!
I also had a green delight smoothie, with spinage, cucumber, ginger, some other things I do not remember. It was delicious. But also a bit on the small side. When I'm out all day, I tend to get hungry....
Four out of five stars for the small portions.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 22, 2014

Pros: Lots of choice, Vegan options are well marked on menu, Nice and cosy atmosphere
Cons: Small portions
Embily
Embily

The yummy Courtyard Cafe

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

I really like this cafe and i would definitely recommend it because it is great - the food is yummy, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is great. Also it has some new classes which look really enjoyable. I definitely think you should go there and enjoy the food and classes. I enjoyed the fresh juices the most because they were exploding with flavour, also soup was wonderful and the truffles were soooo good!!!

Pros: Extremely yummy food, Really nice staff, friendly atmosphere

lachat
lachat

Good cafe with vegan options for quick lunch out

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

We visited in february 2013. Had a great vegan lunch at the cafe: simple roast veg panini with green salad, smoothie, vegan apple cake and truffles and soy capuccino. The main meals are light and tasty, definitely recommend it for a quick delicious lunch.

Pros: Great smoothie, Good vegan options, Nice cosy atmosphere
aliendoc
aliendoc

Great food!

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

I visited in Jan 2013 and had a great freshly squeezed green juice, a very nice home made soup (carrot and coriander) for main I had a thai red curry which was yummy and I even had space for a home made truffle. It was all so delicious, all vegan with great service and friendly atmosphere, can't wait til I pass by again, definitely stopping for a massage next time (maybe before the food though)!

Pros: value, service, taste
Cons: no con
Sarah73
Sarah73

Biggleswade's Little Gem!

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

A great place to have a healthy delicious lunch and meet like-minded people. Vegan options available. Friendly service. A must visit!

Pros: Friendly Owners, Vegan Options, Excellent Service

Dear Owner and Manager of The Courtyard Cafe: