The Cook - Vegetarian Food...

Located in the Amarin Plaza & Tower "The Cook" food court. Serves Central, Northern, Southern Thai food. Choose white or brown rice as your base and add 2 or 3 main dishes to your plate. Or order individual dishes for take away. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Thai, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by chillin
Baldwin471
Baldwin471

Better than I expected

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2014

So I visited The Cook today, as I was near the Amarin Plaza anyway, and I thought I'd give it a shot.

Firstly, if you're vegan like me, there are lots of vegan options, although a couple of things do have eggs.

I had a plate of rice with 2 options, which came to 45THB, a little under £1. I chose the thai sautéed broccoli, and sweet and sour tofu with veg. It was really delicious. Much better than what I was expecting. Definitely recommend this place if you're in the Ploen Chit / Chid Lom area, and even if you aren't. A steal. I'll definitely be going back to try more.

Pros: Fantastic value, Great food, Good portion sizes
Cons: A little salt heavy
sydwye
sydwye

Fast, cheap and satisfying

3 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

I thought it was good food generally. Of course, I had no idea what I was ordering. i was a little nervous about it, but the food was pretty delicious. You just kind of point at what you think you want to eat and they serve it up for you.

Pros: Cheap, Good, Fast
Cons: No idea what you are getting, Cold or warm not hot food, Rice isn't very good
vtraveller
vtraveller

alright in the area

3 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2012

Pretty average veggie mall food. I got there a little late and food was sitting out cold. Most of the dishes were already gone. They have a microwave if you want your food heated. They do serve eggs there, so be careful if you're vegan. I think they may use msg in their food or sauces. I wouldn't travel to eat there, but if you're nearby it's alright.

Pros: Convenient location
Cons: Food sits out

thoi
thoi

Decent food court Thai vegetarian

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2010

First of all the map is incorrect. Amarin plaza is located on the corner of Sukhumvit and Ratchadamri. The easiest way to get there is to take the BTS to Chit Lom and walk right into the plaza via the skywalk.
This is a good place to eat or take friends if you want a cheap sampling of Thai vegetarian/vegan food. The food court itself is bright, clean, and has AC. However it is best to visit before 11:30 otherwise it will be quite crowded with lunch time office workers, and if you visit after 1 many of the dishes will already be finished. The food is fresh and hot early in the day, but beware some dishes are quite spicy and others are a bit too oily. (This is true of most food court food as it's meant to be filling not subtle.) Nevertheless as far as mall food court vegetarian food this place is one of the better ones, with one of the largest varieties of dishes.

Pros: cheap, quick
Cons: some dishes too oily, some dishes too spicy
chillin
chillin

Fab find in food plaza!

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2009

We visited the Vegetarian food booth for lunch during the 2 week vegetarian festival. The food had just been prepared and was piping hot (just how I like it). It was tasty and really great value for money - whole meal & drink for less than 100THB($3).

Pros: Quick food, Easy to find, Great value
Cons: Food might not be so fresh later in day

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cook - Vegetarian Food Booth: