The Coffeehouse and Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee shop and cafe offering breakfast all day and several vegan choices. Try the spicy tofu sandwich. Eclectic atmosphere with free Wi-Fi. Hosts local music and poetry slams. Previously 100% vegetarian, Jan 2015. Closes at 9:00pm during Winter. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out

Mon-Sat 7:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am-8:00pm

First Review by VeggieTess
TiffanyBright
TiffanyBright

More Than a Coffee House!

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Two of my kiddos and I were in Normal, IL. for a musical and of course, I used my Happy Cow app to find out what our options were. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of options for such a little town. We were within walking distance of a few, all of which were great, but our favorite was The Coffehouse and Deli. It is in a college town and the atmosphere was quite nostalgic. The employees were very friendly and the food was great! For breakfast we had the vegan pancakes. I had banana, the girls had chocolate chip and we devoured them. Dinner consisted of veggie burgers and spiced fries and, again, we were not disappointed. They were out of vegan mayo, which is house made, but they were so thoughtful that they made more right then. For dessert we had vegan red velvet cupcakes, words cannot even describe how good they were, you just have to try them for yourself :)

jrwojowski
jrwojowski

Coffeehouse regular

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2009

As a vegan, I love places where I can find vegan food, and if the establishment is vegetarian, even better! That's the most I can expect from Normal. I love the Coffeehouse. Their spicy tofu is good, though not spicy enough for me. Their Guajillo burger is awesome. That's my favorite.

• jrwojowski jrwojowski

Not to mention, the artwork is always changing in there and they feature local artists.

VeggieTess
VeggieTess

What a nice place!

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2008

I love The Coffeehouse. Such a calm, relaxed atmosphere and VERY veggie friendly :)

Pros: Big Place, Great Chai
Cons: Sometimes Crowded

Guest
Guest

Vegan Oasis in a city of Fried Chicken eaters

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2007

After having lunch at a local Chinese restuarant in Normal and finding out the "vegetable delight" comes garnished with 2 fried chicken wings, I was ecstatic to find the coffeehouse.

Several Vegan options all clearly marked with a "V"

Friendly helpful staff and great food.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Coffeehouse and Deli: