Norman's Coach and Horses

London's first vegetarian pub. Normal pub, with an upstairs tea room serving vegetarian food. Free Wi-Fi. Note that English beer is sometimes filtered using isinglass (from fish bladder), so check barnivore.com to see which alcoholic drinks are veg. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, British, English, Beer/Wine
29 Greek St, Westminster
London, England W1 D5
02074375920

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by LilacHippy
Vegan-Vinyl-Avengers
Vegan-Vinyl-Avengers

Heaven in London's West End

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

From the moment I walked in the door, I was greeted with a smiling welcome. This is a traditional London pub, that happens to be vegetarian, with many vegan and gluten-free options. I had the Tofush & Chips, which was delicious! You can eat veggie bar food here, or there is a secret veggie tea room upstairs. I would recommend this place to my friends.

Pros: reasonably priced, traditional London pub
Cons: it is not totally vegan, nothing else
VictorHugoLimachi
VictorHugoLimachi

Lovely pub food:)

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2015

My second time here; last time I ate the tofush and chips and today I had the Vegeree (similar to kegeree). All vegan and it was delicious.

jennyc32
jennyc32

Nice afternoon tea

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

I've been to the upstairs room for a Sunday roast dinner before, and on a separate occasion for afternoon tea. It's a really nice room, decked out for the 1940s with mismatched crockery and old fashioned music - I really love it. There's always a hen party or birthday party up there, but it's always quiet and civilised too.

The Sunday roast was really nice, especially the beetroot ravioli starter. And it was my first ever vegan afternoon tea, so it was very special. Actually I've had better cakes before, and the sandwiches were only cucumber rather than throwing in another option. Still, for the occasion it was worth it and I really enjoyed it.

ColletteFarnol
ColletteFarnol

Lovely food and vegan cider! :)

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2015

My first visit here was in 2013 when I first went vegan and it was not a great experience. I have visited again within the past 2 weeks twice and have found it a better place. I went with my mum after shopping to get some tofush and chips. We got a nice table and ordered Aspalls cider and the tofush and chips. We were served by the nice manager who told us what drinks were vegan and the food arrived within 10 mins. Quite big portion and really tasty. Homemade tomato ketchup ( more like salsa but still good) and minted peas and a mega block of tofush :)A week later came back with my fiance on a saturday evening, was very busy no room to eat but was told there were seats upstairs in the dining room. We were seated in the 'SOHO TEA ROOMS' which for us being vegan was not that great as everything around us was non vegan cakes and cows milk, however nice room with shabby chic look, completely different from downstairs pub atmosphere. Tofush and chips just as good as previous week however no minted peas just regular peas this time. We had to pay a hidden service charge if you dine upstairs which was annoying as you didnt pay that downstairs, although it was optional but was still added onto the final payment. Overall I would defo come back soon as I want to try the mushroom and kidney bean burger with onion rings :) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 17, 2013

Pros: Best 'Tofush and chips' in London, Nice and quiet in weekdays, Has vegan cider :)
Cons: No room to eat during after work hours, Upstairs dining is in soho tea rooms, Can sometimes be too 'quiet'
Books and Backpacks
Books and Backpacks

Good pub food

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2015

I am a big fan of the tofush and chips from here. I've heard a few people say that they don't like it, which I appreciate, but if you like tofu and seaweed and battered goodness (like me!) then you'll be sure to be a fan.
Some staff members are extremely helpful and knowledgeable about vegan food/drinks whilst others seem a little less interested.

Pros: Pub classics
Pitaya
Pitaya

Traditional - but vegetarian - pub

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I have visited this place two times and like it a lot. It's a traditional English pub in a central location and I thinks it's wonderful that they have made the place totally vegetarian. At lunchtime the place was almost empty, but really crowded at night. The clientele is really varied and this makes it a nice place to spend your night. Both times I have had tofush and chips and enjoyed this vegan version on pub food.

Pros: Tofush and chips!, The whole concept, Traditional pub
Cons: Would be nice to have more vegan options
Jonatand
Jonatand

Okay, not more!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

Seen some pretty negative reviews of this place, but i don't quite agree with them.. During my visit the staff was super-friendly!
The vegan fish n´ chips was pretty great, and fun to eat just for the novelty of that kind of dish made vegetarian!

Nothing special, but worth a visit!

sproggie14
sproggie14

Disappointing venue, atrocious service

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2014

Travelled there specifically to try the food and experience the Wednesday evening sing a long. From the website, I had pictured a cosy gastropub so I was disappointed to find a tiny, pokey little corner pub rammed full of noisy after work drinkers and with a handful of little tables. Apparently the food is served upstairs but we didn't get that far as it was closed for a private function. There had been no mention of this on the website. So only bar food was available and the only veggie option was chips! Ridiculous! The staff were dismissive and patronising. I won't bother going back.

Pros: Honestly didn't see any
Cons: Not a veggie pub at all, Rude staff, Small and noisy
EllyD
EllyD

Ruined birthday meal because of terrible service

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

We visited a couple on a Thursday at 10:10 and was told the kitchen was closed, which is okay I guess. Some restaurants don't serve late but it would have been nice if that was on the website.

We tried again on the Saturday for a pre-theatre meal on my boyfriend's birthday. I ordered a pot of tea which turned up luke-warm so I sent that back for a replacement. We placed our order and waited and waited. It was only when the table next to us who ordered 15 minutes after us received their order (one meal of which was the same as one of ours) we realised there was a problem. We questioned the waitress who said she'd check on the order, she returned and said it would be along shortly. We waited another ten minutes and then someone more senior came over and apologised saying our order hadn't in fact been placed. At this point we didn't have time for them to begin cooking our meal and eat it so we left. We ended up having to grab a bag of crisps from a newsagent on the way to the theatre to tide us over through the show. Not much of a birthday meal.

Littlething
Littlething

Mixed feelings

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

I came here with my (non-vegan) boyfriend on a Sunday afternoon searching for the renowned Tofush and Chips. When we arrived the person at the bar who took our order said that they did not have the full menu today and therefore were not offering the Tofush and Chips, as well as that and that. When we asked once again what they had and what was vegan, the waitstaff (literally) rolled his eyes at us. We then left but came back after realizing we didn't have much other choice.

Another, much friendlier, waiter took our order. Unfortunately they did not have any room for us inside (I don't think the upstairs dining room was open) so we had to sit outside in the cold. I ordered the burger and I have to say, I was quite disappointed. It was dry and tasteless. The chips were however, really tasty. My boyfriend tried the (non-vegan) crepês and found it tasty.

But since we did came there for the Tofush and Chips, we decided to come back at another day in the hopes of trying it. So we went there again at Tuesday for lunch, we were greeted by the the waiter who earlier rolled his eyes at us. This time he was much friendlier and immediately offered us a seat in the upstairs dining room. The dining room was very cozy, as opposed to the bar, and once there we were greeted by a friendly waitress who took our orders. We both ordered the Tofush and Chips. The food was well prepared but neither of us really liked the taste of the seaweed, but that's just a personal preference. Even though we weren't huge fans of the Tofush, we both thought it was a well thought-through dish and definitely something special.

We also tried the Peanut Butter Mousse for dessert. It was served with rasberry couli, but it was still quite dry. It wasn't very mousse-like, it had more of a peanut butter like consistency.

The food might not have been the best, but it definitely has potential. So I do think I will come back when I return to London.

Pros: Tasty chips, cozy diningroom upstairs
Cons: Bland food
jon active
jon active

An interesting and different venue!

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

Heard about this place sometime ago but also that the vegan options are limited (which is true) so didn't rush to check it out. I like that the cafe is almost a secret extension of the pub hidden through the bar and up the stairs. I liked the quaint decor and random chairs. The battered Tofush was good (the secret is to squeeze the lemon on it) and the chips a good size portion. Our plates arrived without the promised portion of peas but that was soon corrected.The tartar sauce was good but twas a stingy portion. The tea selection lacks a range of Roibos options (Dragonfly teas!) and the cakes were all very obvious and sugary. But if you fancy a hipster style afternoon tea with a cake stand all to yourself this is well worth a visit. Hopefully they'll veganise more of what they do.
I'll suggest this place next time my Dad is in town and again do what we did after eating here, we made the 5 minute walk up to Vantra on Oxford Street for their excellent sugar free raw cakes!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 24, 2014

Pros: Qwerky, Good portion of chips (with the Tofush), Very central, Soho.
Cons: Closes early, Not enough vegan options
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Not as great as I had hoped, still worth a visit

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

I came here on a friend's recommendation to try the tofush and chips. The food was nice enough, although I agree with other reviewers below that the battered tofu was pretty bland and tasteless. The chips were nice though and it was great to visit London's first vegetarian pub! However, I was very disappointed to see that their vegetarianness only extends to the food menu as non-vegetarian beer was on tap.

Pros: Vegetarian pub!, Food was okay, Good vegan options
Cons: Non-vegetarian beer on tap
Tiggy
Tiggy

Pub food has it's pros and cons

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

I always relish the opportunity to have a pub food experience and it was fantastic to be in a genuine pub (wooden tables, worn Lino upholstered chairs, a range of beers - unfortunately some non-vegan - on tap) without the stench of cooking flesh pervading the atmosphere. Doing a bit of a search on Barnivore to identify which beers were vegan I ended up joining my cider-loving partner in a Thatchers, as I could at least be sure it was cool (although it was actually warmish). I'd had my fill of heavy deep-fried food that day and so ordered the fettuccine with a Napoli- type sauce and cherry tomato garnish. This was fine if not amazingly flavoursome. My partner had opted for the Tofush and Chips , and I think regretted this fatty choice, leaving me to finish it. In agreement with my partner I found the 'tofush' - a slab of tofu battered and deep-fried - heavy and flavourless, with the tofu too thick and only the (vegan) tartare sauce giving it any flavour. Unfortunately we arrived late and so didn't have the time or appetite for dessert but I'd like to come back for a pint and a chance to sample some other menu items.

Pros: Vegan pub food
Cons: Deep-fried food dense and lacking flavour, Not all beers vegan
jollypig
jollypig

Veggie Pub!

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

Love the concept of a veggie pub! We went early evening before heading to the theatre. You get shown upstairs into a nice dining area where, because it was early, most people were having tea. I had a veggie burger & chips which was lovely. And a pint. There's plenty of choice on the menu if you want to go for something healthier.

The girls serving the food were friendly and efficient. The pub is in a great location in Soho and it's excellent value for the area. Highly recommended.

Pros: It's a pub!, Great value, Fab location
Miggi
Miggi

Secret Tearoom

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

Always great to visit a veggie pub and the Coach and Horses had several vegan options on their main menu but we fancied cake and had read other reviewers mention the Secret Tearoom so we tried it out.
You have to ask about the Tearoom and they let you in through the bar, so it's quite cool. Upstairs they have gone with the Vintage Tearoom theme, including the music, and it is lovely. The service was incredibly slow and disorganised, even though they weren't busy, so don't go if you are in a hurry.
If they had been able to offer a whole vegan cream tea we'd definitely have ordered it but the only vegan thing they had was one cake, so we had tea and cake - don't know why they don't provide a vegan option on the whole cream tea (as Terre a Terre has tried this year, for example) as that would be great and their downstairs restaurant was quite vegan-friendly.
The tea and cake were great, very rich chocolate and coconut cake and a good pot of tea (they have a massive range of teas).

Pros: vegan chocolate cake was v good, secret tearoom atmosphere
Cons: no whole vegan cream tea option, service was REALLY slow!
PatrickVeg
PatrickVeg

Wonderful Amazing Treat of a Meal

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

I think Norman's Coach & Horses on Greek Street is fantastic. The staff are great, the atmosphere is quaint, it's right in SOHO... and somehow they've been able to create a "fishun chips" experience that stays wonderfully in your memory long after you've paid the bill. EVERY time we're in London - we make it a must-do (along with Mildreds, Imli, Inamo, and Food for Thought - and in the good old days, SAF).

Sometimes it's hard for traveling (or local) #vegan people to really enjoy and experience unique cuisine ... Coach & Horses delivers!

Pros: Wonderful amazing #Vegan FISHUN CHIPS, Right in SOHO, Fun tea-room atmosphere
Cons: there's only one location!
xdanix
xdanix

Pub and tea room

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

It is a pub downstairs and a tea room upstairs. Tea room needs booking, something I understand considering the small space.
I always go for the tofush and chips and I can't understand how some people think it's a small portion. I always leave very satisfied. The burger and Sunday roasts are also great.
I recommend the cream tea upstairs, they have vegan scones and some vegan desserts, as the carrot cake and the chocolate mousse. And the environment, all inspired in the 40s, is really nice.
The downside is that not always they have many vegan desserts available, depending on the day and time, although the mousse is a fixed item on the menu.

Pros: Good vegetarian pub food, Cosy atmosphere in the tearoom, Good sized portions
Cons: Small tearoom so bookings needed
Fettot90
Fettot90

It's not a vegetarian pub!

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2013

I've been there three times now, once upstairs in the tea room and twice downstairs. It feels like the staff is on a trail shift every time you go there, even if it's the same staff member as the time you went there 3 months ago.

The menu has some vegan options, even some of the things who aren't marked as vegan is vegan... And as much as they try being a vegetarian pub, they just can't do it! They are serving Guinness, non-vegan/vegetarian ales, they even serve fish! I'm not sure if it's on the menu but I remember I saw some sandwiched in the tearoom containing fish.

The food takes decades to get, minimum I've been waiting was 30 minutes... When the place was completely empty! Ordered tofush and chips that time, which is basically a deep fried battered tofu with some nori. (30 min to prepare that..?!) oh, I tried to order drinks as well, and the server got it wrong 4 times.. Ordered 2 pints of coke without ice and a glass of tap water. Yay.

The food does taste amazing though! It's a bit expensive considering the size of the meals (very small portions!), but wouldn't mind paying it if the sizes where bigger... Last time I went for a mushroom pasta, left the place more hungry than before I got there.

Pros: Tasty food
Cons: Small portions, Not vegetarian, as advertised, Staff doesn't listen to the customers
AlbertTsui
AlbertTsui

They have MICE walking back and fore!

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

3 of us went there and so glad we found a decent and not overpriced Veggie restaurant in Soho until....

We saw 2 mice running back and fore in middle of dinning room and they were walking passed next to our shoes!!!! Plus those mice didn't seem to scare of humans.

We told the waitress and she said they are fully aware of this and they custom made their kitchen units to ensure the kitchen cupboards have no corner for the mice to go in???

I am not sure which world we are living in but I have not seen or heard in any countries that Mice can be part of the 'furniture' in a commercial restaurant serving food and drinks to customers??

Shame, the food was nice but I really cannot go to a restaurant which let mice walking by your foots while having dinner!!!!

All 3 of us will never go back!

Pros: reasonable priced, Fairly good food
Cons: MICE in the restaurant, Doubtful health and safety
Neridah
Neridah

Limited vegan options

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

The pub was loud and crowded, so we headed upstairs to eat at the restaurant. It was quiet upstairs, without the pub atmosphere. There were limited vegan options, but the menu and the drinks were clearly labelled. The tofish & chips were good.

Pros: Clearly marked menu, quiet, tasty
Cons: Limited vegan options
KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Only okay

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

The restaurant is a little odd - you can't just walk upstairs, the bar staff have to call ahead and ask, then you wait and get waved up.

I didn't get the fish and chips because I had read really bad reviews on here, so I decided just to get a starter and eat somewhere else later - the summer menu looked that lame. They didn't have the Sunday roast which is why we went there on a Sunday in the first place.

I got the beetroot ravioli which was TINY and very expensive, only about four little pieces of ravioli. My partner had the burger and chips which was very nice.

For dessert we had the chocolate mousse which had orange on the bottom. It was far too dark in cocoa.

The service was very slow and we had to keep asking for our little jug of water to be topped up.

Cons: Not many options
pixi42
pixi42

Good... But Service Not As Good

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Good food.
Service not so good.

Pros: Food
Cons: Service
Epstein
Epstein

A real surprise

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

Expect the unexpected. You have to be a dedicated food lover receptive to unusual and creative ideas to appreciate this little gem. If you're that type of person you will be well rewarded.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 20, 2013
They also serve cream tea, so on the strength of the delicious meal we had a few days before,we returned one afternoon. It was however very disappointing. The scones were very small and the price was very high. Definitely not value for money or very satisfying.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent value for dinner, unusual ambiance
Cons: on top of a pub, very steep winding stairs
lauraXsynthesis
lauraXsynthesis

Terrific!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

I was worried after seeing the mixed bag of reviews on here. Happily, my visit was great. I got the vegan Sunday roast which was butternut squash stuffed with quinoa, tofu and macadamia accompanied by vegetables, herbed yorkshire pudding and gravy. It was all excellent. A terrific place too - all the cake stands and mismatched crockery and framed Private Eye covers on the walls. I also got the apple tart with vegan ice cream. I hadn't expected to like apple tart but it was excellent with cinnamon and caramel syrup - very well made and gluten free as well. Will certainly return.

Pros: Excellent food, Great atmosphere, Plenty of vegan options
Cons: Usually seem to need reservation, Will be too pricey for some
earthdave
earthdave

A decent start

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

Being in England, trying a pub made sense. I was very hopeful as it was advertised as 'veggie/vegan'.
First, the premises are classic enough but looking a bit scruffy. Then, we couldn't eat in the dining room upstairs as it had been totally booked by the staff of Private Eye.
Our food came and it was OK. They could do better with their 'tofush and chips' if they froze the tofu a bit first to give it a bit of texture. It's weird to bite through the batter and get a slimy block of lukewarm tofu!
The foreign server was friendly, until her English coworker spent ages telling her off for a mixup in ringing in people's orders, which justifiably made her seem miserable.

So, no great atmosphere, and the dishes were just OK despite us being happy that they were all veggie and some vegan.
Work on this concept a bit more and you might be huge!

Pros: all veggie English dishes, classic pub atmosphere, reasonable prices
Cons: not spectacular food, not very warm atmosphere
MuK-UK
MuK-UK

Not A Vegetarian Pub.

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Came in from the cold for a drink and the staff were unable to say which wines were vege/vegan and I noticed they clearly served Guinness which is not either. Quite how this makes the place a vegetarian pub is beyond me.

Pros: Has Vegetarian Food.
Cons: Not A Vegetarian Pub.
Sunnytraveller
Sunnytraveller

Awesome pub, food & afternoon teas

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Fabulous Vegetarian pub that caters for vegans. I have been a few times now and I am obsessed with the 'Tofush & Chips', its totally delicious.

Great service too. Very cute restaurant upstairs that you go through the bar to get to.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great value
martincalisto
martincalisto

Amazing a must go for vegetarians/vegans in London

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

The place is spectacular, great atmosphere, awesome staff, a top class menu for a very affordable price and excellent beer. Probably the best pub I have ever been to so far.

Pros: Succulent food, Great Beer, Cool Ambiance
Cons: A bit crowded downstairs
Jayneisastarr
Jayneisastarr

A lot of Potential

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

Good hearty pub menu. Busy dining room early on a Monday night so obviously word is getting around. Tofush and chips with peas were very good. Good to see something a bit different on a menu and make us veg*ns feel like we can eat normal pub food. The starter and dessert options have some way to go for vegans (crumble was not vegan; surely it would be quite easy to make it so?!) The vegans and vegetarian wines also were only available by the bottle which I can only logically assume will be rectified soon. Overall this is a great new addition to the London pub scene and if Coach and Horses makes a few improvements based on feedback in its early days this will make a fantastic regular.

Pros: Vegan fish & chips, Central location, Pub food!
Cons: Vegan offerings have a little way to go
LindaFern
LindaFern

total disappointment

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

I came with my family on a rainy, cold day. The pub was quite chilly, since we had a stroller we ate downstairs as the staircase to the dining room is very narrow and our baby was asleep. My older son, 7, was so excited to finally try "fish and chips" but sadly the tofish was a plain block of tofu dipped in batter and fried, the chips were nothing special. I ordered the mushroom burger which was a tasteless mushroom about the size of a flattened golf ball with a wan tomato and piece of lettuce on a bun. Is this the best we can do?

The pub itself is attractive, if eerily quiet. There was no music and people were talking very quietly.

Pros: friendly staff, attractive pub
Cons: pointless for vegans
dianaf
dianaf

The bartender didn't even know what vegan meant

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

We came in here with friends very excited to have the possibility of a pub with vegan options. I'm not very strict about beer etc but my fiance is and the bartender didn't even know what vegan meant let alone whether any of the beer or wine was vegan. We asked for a menu and when we were all set to order we found out they had virtually nothing on the menu available and none of the vegan options. The manager inquired with the cook who found out they could make us some kind of sandwich vegan but when we inquired about the bun we found out that it wasn't actually going to be vegan. Neither the decor or the patrons in the pub were anything special, in fact not even as nice as many pubs I've been to that serve meat. All in all a very disappointing experience.

Pros: It's a pub, nice location
Cons: nothing available on the menu, nobody knows what vegan means, ambiance, decor
Deano
Deano

Warm welcome at a very welcome veggie pub

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2012

The positives first.... It's great to finally have a veggie pub in London. The dining area (which is upstairs) was crowded but the waitresses were really friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was pretty good too. I went with two meat-eating friends and they both enjoyed the food and said they would be happy to go back (though one pal said his burger could have done with some extras such as coleslaw). The atmosphere was really friendly and the all-round experience was good.
The negatives.... There were NO vegan starters so I had to twiddle my thumbs while my mates tucked in. NONE of the main courses are automatically vegan, (which is daft) though a couple of them are marked on the menu as "vegan option". My "vegan option" main course arrived with what looked like dairy on it. Luckily, I checked and it was indeed dairy. The waitress was very apologetic and sorted it out pretty quickly and said I could have a side order for free as compensation.
I enjoyed eating here and the atmosphere was great but the lack of vegan options and the dairy blunder means I can only give three stars.

Pros: Atmosphere, Service, Atoned for mistake
Cons: No vegan starter, Dairy on my vegan main course
bencamps
bencamps

The Wests Ends Best Boozer Now Veggie!!!!

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

This pub has always been one of my favorites in Soho, there aren't many 'proper pubs' left and the Coach and Horses has always served a great selection of real cider. When browsing on Happy Cow a few weeks ago I almost shat myself when I discovered that it had become 'London's first vegetarian pub'! I've now been a couple of times and can confirm that the dining room upstairs is lovely, the food really good and the waiting staff friendly and helpful. The pub is just as good as it's always been and still has cockney sing-a-longs on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I could not recommend enough!!

Pros: The building, The Staff, The food & bar
Cons: Could be more vegan options on the menu
giorgiapix
giorgiapix

Love it!!

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

well..I must say that this is one on my favourite restaurants in London! When we went the food was amazing (we had 2 of the vegan options), the waitress was delightful and the decor was so retro and nice...it felt like going back in time...to a happy time :)!!
I hope they'll add a vegan cake to the Tea Rooms menu....... :)

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Lovely decor
Cons: No Vegan cakes :-(
LilacHippy
LilacHippy

Unpretentious Vege Pub

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

This pub does not show off it's vegetarian cuisine, it is a modest, normal looking after work boozer and at first, you will see an ordinairy looking menu with the usual pie of the day type fayre available, then you will realise it's not normal food when you spot the tofush and chips. Tofush? Yes. It was my first ever 'fish' and chips experience. Very good it was too. All of the food is vegetarian, and they have many vegan options. All of my friends (not all vegetarian) were very satisfied on our visit. The eating area, which is upstairs (be sure to ask) is a quiet and quaint countryside style tea room! Very contrasting with the downstairs busy drinking area. They also have cakes, coffee and lots of different types of teas, of course. I will be sure to go back!

Pros: Great food, Accommodating staff, Free wifi

Dear Owner and Manager of Norman's Coach and Horses: