Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe located inside Whole Foods Co-op store. Offers fresh baked goods, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, juices, and soups as well as a large selection of grab-and-go. Previously named Fresh Horizon's Cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg

Itootall
Itootall

Great food, Friendly staff

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

Delicious food that is freshly prepared!

rfd177
rfd177

Ten Stars

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

We are from the SE corner of PA abd every time we get to Erie we stop by for the best food and groceries.

ShellM
ShellM

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

A little health food haven. My husband ans I are traveling cross country and I was so happy to find this place. The lentil walnut Burger is amazing! Better than I've has at home in NYC!

Pros: good price, super yummy vegan food, stock up at the store as well, friendly staff

Jane1848
Jane1848

Makes Presque Isle Perfect!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

My boyfriend and I ate at Fresh Horizons Cafe in the Whole Foods Co-Op store five days in a row when we were on vacation to Presque Isle in the end of May 2011. By lunchtime on the day following our departure, I already missed the cafe!

The menu at Fresh Horizons Cafe is mostly vegetarian (I believe they serve tuna). About 95% of the menu is available in both vegetarian and vegan form (usually it's just ordering Daiya vegan cheese rather than dairy cheese).

My boyfriend is not vegan, and he loved the food there. He ordered the "Meatless Lovers Wrap" several times, which I also enjoyed.

The cafe offers sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, cookies and other baked goods, soups, and more. Everything is reasonably priced. The co-op store is well-stocked, and the staff and customers are friendly. It's a wonderful atmosphere, and I can't wait to go back on our next trip to Presque Isle!

Pros: Great Food, Good Prices, Organics
TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Amazing compliment to the Co-op

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

The Whole Foods Co-op within which resides Fresh Horizon's Cafe and the Cafe itself were among the vegetarian-specific highlights of my recent travels through the United States.

Fresh Horizon's offers an impressive, and delicious, assortment of smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, deserts, and more, each made on-site, at very reasonable prices. Each among our party of three were very pleased with all that we consumed (each having ordered something entirely different).

Seating can be a bit hard to come by if you are here during the lunch rush but it would seem as though taking extra chairs and squeezing them in at one table would always be a possibility.

I really appreciated their variety of options for smoothies, not just limited to fruit/vegetable/superfood components but for the smoothie base (soy, almond, rice, coconut milk, etc.)

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Considering its very modest size, and it being situated inside a fantastic Whole Foods Co-op (worth a stop alone for some oatmeal soap!), this is an excellent cafe that fully exceeded my expectations.

Pros: Very good food, Choice, Smoothies
Cons: Seating a bit limited when busy
cccctheda
cccctheda
  • non-vegetarian

Yum-O

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

I am not vegetarian, but started working in the building that houses the co-op/fresh horizons cafe in Sept. 08. I did not think I would ever enjoy TOFU in any way, shape or form but OMG, the chefs in the cafe make it smell, look & taste SO GOOD! My latest discovery was their version of general tso's chicken. I pair this grab & go goody with a cup of fresh cut pineapple to put the fire out in my mouth. The perfect combination of hot, sweet, crunchy & chewy, DELICIOUS & GOOD FOR YOU, there really is a god. I will be picking up this tasty treat again.

Pros: centrally located in town, friendly employees, DELICIOUS FOOD
Cons: too many choices for my feeble brain
markvegan
markvegan

Yummm

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2009

Nice find for a vegan on a cross-country trip. I eat mostly raw, but found the Tempeh Rueben and the TLT (tempeh) very yummm and very nice on the tummm. Everyone was very nice (store and cafe). Reasonably priced. Call the number to be reminded it is behind the dental clinic.

Pros: Yummy, Price, Friendly
Cons: Not all vegan
Sharzastory
Sharzastory

Whole Food Coop and Fresh Horizon's Cafe'

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2008

I am a member of the Coop here and just wanted to share that the whole atmosphere in the building is positive, interesting and friendly. There is something for everyone here and the Cafe' sells such fresh and wholesome food. It's always a treat to visit. For anyone traveling through, the Coop is located to the left of the World of Music store. You need to go to the side of the building to enter, then make a left right inside the door...you will see the tables and the Cafe' staff will readily greet you. Feel free to browse the coop while you are there.

Pros: clean environment, great food, friendly staff
Cons: We need more of these in our region.
sashwap
sashwap

yay!

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2008

brilliant!!! wonderful selection and amazing food. free soup samples.

Pros: awesome, excellent, nice
Cons: in erie

Dear Owner and Manager of The Co-op Cafe: