Vegan restaurant offering mostly lunch food; the only non-vegan items is dairy milk offered for coffee. Offerings might include curried lentils and rice, walnut chickpea burgers, vegan donairs and TVP tacos, plus salad, fresh salsa and chips, vegan doughnuts, muffins, cupcakes, cakes, and a different vegan soup each day. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Canadian, Bakery,Take-out
10722 124 St NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 0H1
780-455-4550

Open Tue-Wed 11am-7pm, Thurs-Fri 11pm-9:30pm, Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 10am-4:30pm.

First Review by Annabel09
Vegan Vipassi
Vegan Vipassi

They have some issues!

2 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

I WANT and NEED The Clever Rabbit to be a fantastic eatery!
As a vegan, there are limited places for us, so of course when one discovers such a place, you want to give them your full support. I am a forgiving diner. If I have one bad experience, it does not mean I will not try the place again. so, that is what we are ATTEMPTING to do. We have tried, today, and in the past, to make a pick up order. They do not answer the phone, and they do in fact offer this service, and we are calling during their posted hours. Very, very big let down. If you have diners who are there for you, forgiving and supportive, you need to return the sentiments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 31, 2014

Pros: Baked goods, Can hang out with animals next door!!, Decor
Cons: Do not operate business well, Staff seemed depressed when we dined in
kimward8
kimward8

Vegan Baked Goods

3 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

All of their baked goods are vegan. I bought the cinnamon bun with icing and the cinnamon bun without icing, the grape-flavoured cookies with green icing (best idea ever!), the chocolate chip cookie, and the vanilla donut. They were all good. The donut is a cake donut, but I like cake, so I liked it. The cinnamon bun with icing was really good heated up. Nice and gooey. I haven't tried the chocolate chip cookie yet. The pet food store next door sells v-dog vegan dog food and breathbones. The staff was nice.

mayhall
mayhall

Best French Toast in the City

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

Everything here tastes home made. And it is decently priced. And it is connected to an awesome pet shop/bakery.

Not to mention that they have french toast stuffed with fruit. It is soo good, and always cooked to perfection.

Pros: Comfortable, Affordable, Tasty

vegease
vegease

Disappointed

2 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

I was excited to go but it was quickly diminished by the lousy service and the animal hair (especially near the counter at the till). I was sorry that I had ordered food and couldn't eat it because I wondered about the cleanliness of the kitchen because they didn't obviously care about the cleanliness of the restaurant. (The restaurant is attached to a pet store/rescue adoption and they make dog treat I believe.) The food couldn't possibly be good enough to stop wondering if I had to share the plate with an animal or if they had washed up after touching the animals. I love animals enough not to eat them but I don't want them near my food especially in a restaurant. I won't eat there again or recommend it.

Cons: dirty, grumpy staff, dirty
Jayclassic88
Jayclassic88

Good but sometimes bad.

3 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

Try the chickpea burger! Its superb. I tried the curry and it was crazy bland and my friends said they weren't impressed with some of the other items but all have an excellent price and you definitely need to try it. The pastries are wicked good and the staff was nice.

Pros: Good Prices, Excellent Pasties, Amazing Burger
Cons: Some Bland Items, Vegan but not always healthy
the_vegbrarian
the_vegbrarian

Just OK

3 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

I was so pumped when Clever Rabbit opened. I tried their vegan donair, but the sauce was so sweet it was kind of revolting, I might try it again and ask them for the vegan sour cream instead. The TVP tacos are overloaded with too much TVP and need more veggies. The salsa is extremely bland and crying out for a pinch of salt! On the other hand, the desserts such as the vegan donuts are absolutely mindblowing! They were so delicious. I would go back to Clever Rabbit for coffee and treats, but probably wouldn't have the lunch food again.

Pros: good location, awesome desserts, donuts!
Cons: bad lunch food
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Vegan donuts!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

This place had me sold on vegan donuts! I go there quite frequently and buy one of each type of baking they have that day. I am never, ever disappointed. Worth every inexpensive penny.

I find their food a little a little plain though. The donair was pretty tasty but when I ordered the chickpea burger I felt like my food was squishy. Wasn't super stoked. However the baking making up for this.

The people working are all super sweet and their is a pet bakery next door owned by the same people so there is always adorable animals to see through the window they share.

Pros: Awesome vegan baking, Vegan donairs, Nice people
Cons: Food a little plain, Short hours
Dixon
Dixon

Excellent addition to Edmonton

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2012

Nice decor - lots of painting of animals. Had walnut/chickpea burger, soup and vegan doughnuts! All excellent although would have preferred wholemeal bun to white bun. Considering how new it is they are doing a great job! An excellent addition to Edmonton veggie places to eat.

Pros: Good value, Vegan doughnuts - just like Mighty Os
Cons: Limited choice, Not currently open in evenings
Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

Walnut Chickpea Burger

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2012

I have been once, need to go back, cause it was awesome! I had the walnut chickpea burger, I loved it! It's nightshade free :) Had the side salad with it, I thought it complemented it well. My non-veg friend came and had the donair w/ side salad. She was also impressed by her food! I love the decor of this little place and think it will be one of my new summer hang outs while I walk 124st and shop!

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Knowledgeable Staff, Excellent Food
Annabel09
Annabel09

Yummy!

4 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2012

Vegan doughnuts, awesome. Vegan carrot cake, awesome. Vegan cinnamon buns, awesome. Vegan Donairs, awesome. Tofu Scramble, awesome. Vegan egg on biscuits, awesome. Side salad, not so great. Walnut chickpea burger, not so great.
Different specials every week are very appealing, not all the menu items are perfect but I have seriously LOVED mostly all the food here!

Pros: Adorable restaurant, fantastic food, fantastic service

Dear Owner and Manager of The Clever Rabbit: