Florida-inspired, plant-based restaurant est. Jan 2014 offering raw food cuisine by chef Johan Everstijn, formerly of Matthew Kenney OKC. Food prep temperature is kept below 117ºF. Its bar serves fresh juices, smoothies, kombucha, craft beer, as well as organic bio-dynamic wine and cocktail. The interior design emphasizes sustainable materials and features historical farming artifacts including a restored cider press from 1869 and bar stools made from tractor seats. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, All Raw
1201 Piper Blvd Ste 26
Naples, Florida 34110
239-631-2500

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by FoodHeals
Lcountertop
Lcountertop

High quality all the way…fresh as fresh can get!

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

This is one of the most amazing restaurants I have ever eaten in, bar none. Whether you are new to eating raw plant based or a plant based lifer, this is a must try. Naples folks are truly living the good life with Cider Press there. Immaculately clean, fresh modern environment, open kitchen, best raw plant based food with high honors for creativity in cuisine and presentation. This restaurant is the real VEGAN/PLANT BASED deal. If you feel like eating light they offer soup or salads and sandwich choices. Last week I had a bacon-less BLT and kale salad, all for $12. With so much labor, love, and fresh ingredients involved, there is not a better value anywhere. The amazing flatbread for the sandwich is made with yellow squash, walnuts, nutritional yeast, & flax- made in their dehydrators (there are no stoves or ovens at Cider Press). The "bacon" is dehydrated eggplant! The sandwich has avocado, lettuce, and tomatoes. An absolute YUM. The kale salad is perfection. There is a must try and that is the Florida Roll which looks just like a tuna sushi roll. I won't reveal the secret to the "tuna" but it will blow your mind, nor will I divulge the secret to the "rice" which will also do same. I will let them tell you. Over the top nutritious and the presentations are just fabulous. Wait staff is very knowledgable too. They serve wines and teas and fresh fruit drinks. They are opening a 2nd location in the art district of St. Pete. Woah…lucky St. Pete! Go, enjoy! Plan to take photos of your plates!

Pros: clean, fresh, open kitchen, outside dining, outstanding cuisine and value
earthmother30
earthmother30

Love it!

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2014

I'm so proud that Naples, FL is home to Cider Press Cafe. All Raw and All Vegan-I believe. (The first time I went they did use honey in some recipes but I believe they may have taken that out of their ingredient list.) The food is yummy. The only negative is the distance from my house.

Pros: All Raw, Delicious, Vegan
Cons: Nothing!
Oconnellcolleen
Oconnellcolleen

lovely raw restaurant

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

My family and I tried this restaurant a few nights ago and had a great meal. Nice entrees, good enchiladas, and delicious drinks! We found it to be a bit pricey for the amount of food you actually got, which is why I am only giving it four stars. Still definitely a restaurant to check out in the Naples area!!

sglcklch
sglcklch

Excellent addition to the area

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

So far I've eaten here twice. The first time we came, they had just launched for a few days and were still in soft opening. The menu was somewhat limited—there were no more than three items under each course and they only had sorbet for dessert(!) So, when we came back a couple months later for lunch, it was exciting to see the expanded menu with so many more options. We had a great experience on both occasions.

These are the things we've tried:
- starters: Florida rolls, Thai lettuce wraps, pineapple kimchi dumplings
- soup: corn chowder
- mains: chipotle enchiladas, churrasco, the three amigos
- desserts: chocolate ganache tart, key lime pie

Everything was good. The standouts, though, were the corn chowder, the three mains, and the desserts. Not saying the starters were bad, but the flavors just weren't bold and assertive enough for my liking. In that the enchiladas and the three amigos were so similar, I would suggest getting either one. While both cakes were rich and scrumptious as expected, my partner and I were partial to the key lime pie for its sharp and tart edge. On the whole, I would say the menu selection was pretty standard for raw food cuisine, although not quite in the same league as those on the West Coast or in NYC in terms of sophistication or creativeness. Still it was decent and we enjoyed it.

Food aside, the staff was uber friendly and knowledgeable. The interior was bright, clean, and spacious. I just wish they could knock a buck or two off the prices and/or increase the portions. Granted, raw vegan food takes considerable time and resources to make; the ingredients aren't exactly the cheapest either. But a dinner for two with, say, one app, two mains, one dessert and just water, could easily set you back $50 before tip. I would definitely come more often if it wasn't for the cost. That being said, I'm thrilled that they are here. This breath of fresh air to the local meat/fast food-centric food scene is very much welcomed. I really hope they thrive and continue to stay!

Pros: tasty food, friendly service, neat décor
Cons: pricey, small portions
ClaudiaMireya
ClaudiaMireya

Outstanding

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

My husband and I are vegan but have never really thought to go to an all raw restaurant, thinking the menu would be too restricted, but everything with that we tried at Cider Press was outstanding, from the Florida roll to the "Lasagna" and the avocado tacos to the desserts. We were blown away by how flavorful everything was. I had the key lime pie and he had the salted caramel cheesecake. We each thought ours was the best, but they were both amazing. There doesn't seem to be anything bad at this restaurant. We plan to go back one more time before we leave the Naples area to try their kombucha and have some more Florida rolls and try the enchiladas. My husband said that of all the vegan restaurants we've tried, this is by far the best. Service was great too. I wish there was a restaurant like this in our hometown of Knoxville Tennessee!

Updated from previous review on Thursday May 29, 2014

Pros: Raw, Vegan, Diverse Menu
Cons: strip mall setting
nawlins4
nawlins4
  • raw

once great, once horrible

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

My husband and I visited about a month ago and had an amazing experience. I returned about 2 weeks ago and had a horrible experience. On the first visit we were served by the VERY friendly, and five star service server, named Alan. The food was fresh, and presented very beautifully. Alan was very attentive and made us feel very welcomed. We had entrees, dessert, and coffee. The kitchen staff was also very friendly and invited me to view the kitchen. The second time I visited, I was actually the only guest in the restaurant. I was served by a girl who stood behind the bar but came out to my table. She took my order, and never checked on me once after my food arrived or while I dined. I had to get up and ask for pepper for my salad. And then again to ask for my bill. There were two gentlemen sitting in the back. I believe they were partners of the restaurant as they were there the last time. What makes the whole thing worse is that I WAS THE ONLY GUEST, and no one even noticed that I was there.

Pros: Great Ambience , High Quality Food , Only raw choice in the area
Cons: Inconsistent Service , Lack of Managers Awareness
HappyGardener123
HappyGardener123

Eat Here!!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Omg you have to eat at this restaurant! The entire place is gluten free vegan and raw. This is some of the beat raw food I've had. We started with the flatbread which comes with dried tomatoes, capers, and but cheese, and with the vegan Caesar salad. For entrees we got the Three Amigos (tacos) and enchiladas which were both delicious as well. As if that wasn't enough, we shared the key lime pie for dessert. Everything was bursting with freshness and so much flavor! My non-vegan husband is used to eating raw/vegan and gf and agrees that this was one of the best meals we've had.

Pros: beautiful ambience , delightful staff, amazing flavor and freshness
Rochelle Fogg
Rochelle Fogg

Raw Vegan, Unbelievably luscious

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

Cider Press Café is unique. The food is vegan, raw, gluten free and sugar free. However, it tastes richly fulfilling. Our party of 4 began with Kale chips. These little crispy things tasted cheesy, better than any of my junk food temptations. We had Seminole Corn Chowder that tasted of corn and butter, Caesar salad, gazpacho made with flavorful organic local tomatoes, sushi rolls made with avocado and jicama grated like rice, lasagna with cashew nut cheese. Desserts were worth our trip. We had cheesecake and banana splits that were on par with the "real thing" done well. Everything was totally yummy because it was freshly prepared, organic, and seasoned by an upper echelon cook. Nothing tasted like twigs. The service was attentive. The food was better than any cooked vegetarian meal I have ever made and I have been cooking veggie exclusively for 40 years. Our party was composed of 2 semi-serious vegetarians, 1 serious vegan, and 1 serious vegetarian. There is wine, beer, and smoothies, but we did not have them. Dinner for two was $40.

Pros: Vegan, Gourmet caliber, Knock your socks off dessert
Cons: Smallish portions, Strip mall setting, Expensive if you eat everything you want
Rifester
Rifester

Wow! Just wow!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

It is not easy finding a decent vegan meal in south Florida. I could not have been more happy with my dining experience at The Cider Press. We ordered the kale chips and Florida roll (fantastic) for appetizers. Our dinners were out of this world and our desserts were amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend The Cider Press to anybody looking for a great meal. The restaurant is spotless and the service was fantastic. Both Roland and Chef Johan visted our table and are wonderful human beings! I wish they were not 20 hours away! Thank you for the best dining experience we had while in Florida!

Pros: Vibrant, beautiful, amazing food, Clean, Great service
montroyl
montroyl

AMAZING!!!!

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

This place is so great! I went during their few weeks of opening and they were spot on! I've worked in the restaurant industry and there are always kinks to work out but they seemed to have worked them out very quickly as i didn't notice anything short of a wonderful experience. The staff is helpful especially Kimberly behind the bar. i had the lasagna, which was delightful. I travel for work and often find myself in locations that are not familiar, however, this staff was very comforting! I am vegan though i found their staff was very informative to those who did not know about what raw or vegan meant. The food is beyond delicious. I wish i could eat here every day. The Chocolate ganache tart was to die for, some raw vegan desserts are a bit decitant however this was perfect!!!!

I am so excited to go here for lunch tomorrow~
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 18, 2014

Pros: Amazing food, glorious staff, informative
Cons: no non vegan/raw options
FoodHeals
FoodHeals

Amazing raw, organic, vegan food.

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

If you live in Naples, you are blessed to have The Cider Press Cafe. I was on work travel from out of state and discovered the restaurant on Happy Cow. I am vegan and I have had raw food a few times but usually when I visit FL, I am relegated to eating a salad or if I'm lucky, one other food item. Cider Press Cafe was a wonderful find! It is a modern, upscale restaurant with amazing food that will heal your body and soul. Johan (Exec Chef) is an endearing man who clearly found his life path; he cheerfully greets diners and checks to see how you are enjoying the food.

My waiter was Allen and he is "the sweetest" gentlemen; he was also a great server and knowledgeable about all the foods. As a vegan, it is rare for me to find so many enticing meals to eat when I travel. I loved my lunch (Florida roll, lettuce wraps, kombucha, and chocolate ganache tart) so much that I came back for dinner (mocktail, delicious corn chowder, and massaged citrus kale salad). I was too full from lunch to eat the entres that I wanted for dinner. So I rearranged my last day here to leave the beach early, so I can eat a nutritious lunch before I head to the airport. I'm going to order something to go also. A note on prices: reasonable for lunch but remarkable for dinner. In DC, our amazing raw vegan restaurant is open only Friday nights and is a prefixed menu, about $75 pp. At Cider Press, my expansive and leisurely lunch came to around $40, but my dinner was only $21.

At my first lunch, a lifelong vegan was sitting next to me telling Allen that the tiramasu was the best vegan dessert she ever tried. She ended up offering me to try it. It was the best tiramasu I ever tried, but note I don't like coffee flavor. The coffee flavor was there but it was ever so subtle. I liked my chocolate ganache better but the tiramasu was a lovely delicate dessert for those that don't need chocolate in their lives.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice vibe
Cons: chocolate ganache needs a knife

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cider Press Cafe: