Gourmet vegetarian eatery with a garden inspired decor with a full wall garden and colorful furnishing. Organic produce is used as much as possible, and has gluten free options. Vegan platter, fancy salads, hot dishes, tea bar, mock tails, fresh fruit lassies, and house-made desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western

First Review by foxmulder881
jasonlheath
jasonlheath

Great Place

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

Laid back cafe style feel in a great location, with delicious food. They seem to have very knowledgeable staff and well labelled meal options.

The only comment I would say is, if you are a high carb low fat vegan then you might not have too many options here.

Pros: Delicious, Good Range
Cons: Food A Little Bit High In Fat For My Preference
BiancaPerez
BiancaPerez

gorgeous healthy tasty cool

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

my second visit in a week, this place is almost too good to be true.the location is awesome on the corner of the main eat street of broadbeach, with amazing decore, and mood lighting with all sorts of querky furniture and cool walpaper..the food is healthy and packed with superfoods and they also have heaps of vegan gluten free and even raw offerings. the amazing thing is that its so tasty and yet very well priced concidering all the food value... loved all the hot food we ordered and the salads had sooooo much flavour the deserts where healthy but ultra yum and they also have a juice and smoothy bar with all sorts of original liquid nectar. highly recommend this place and also their smaller cute and cosy cafe in byron...YUMMM

AaronTimo
AaronTimo

beautiful food.

3 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2013

I had vegan moussaka, with koftas. It was delicious. Nice chilled out vibe. A touch pricey the food is sitting in baymaries, but I'll be back when I'm next in Bris-Vegas

Pros: tasty, trendy atmosphere
Cons: a little overpriced

bobbyarroyo
bobbyarroyo

Sloppy Food

3 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

The Cardamom Pod has a great location and setting. It's a short walk from the beach and great place to relax after walking in the city. It has indoor and outdoor seating.

The raw key lime pie with vegan icecream is appetizing, but the crust needs some work. As I bite into it find big chunks of whatever nuts and seeds they used.

The hot dishes are sloppy. Like something one would find at a food court. I say stay away from them and stick with the fresh foods and desserts.

Pros: Large quantity, Friendly service, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Can be expensive, Mediocre taste
LauraMorgan
LauraMorgan

LOVE IT!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

This place is definatly worth checking out! It felt like a haven being able to go in there and order food that you know is prepared with you and your dietary requirements in mind.

The food is delish and so is the coffee and tea.

The decor is fantastic, so eclectic but current.

I can't wait to go back!

Pros: excellent food, amazing decor, great location
ekendra
ekendra

Classy veg joint in Broadbeach

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I like this place a lot. At the moment, in my mind, this is the reigning champion of all vegetarian eateries worldwide. lol

On my first visit, I ordered the polenta/cauliflower cheese bake thingy for my wife and I got a salad combo plate. What a treat! The salads were so nicely made and addictively tasty. I've never come across salads as interesting as these. I have to recommend them.

I got a sample of the polenta bake from my wife. YUM!

The rose kulfi was heavenly. It melts in your mouth and was full of subtlety. You gotta try this as I've never seen it anywhere outside of India. The rhubarb tart was delicious too.

I also like the decor with the big beautiful photo of Krishna on the wall. I sat in one of the outdoor webbed chairs which wasn't the most supportive of my weight. (Big guy) They had potted plants that hung upside down from the ceiling ?!? It was a bit on the "Dr. Suess" side, but interesting and eclectic nonetheless.

The service was sweet and friendly. The portions were ample. The prices were reasonable considering the quality of what was served.

The Cardomom Pod in Broadbeach is definitely worth checking out.

Pros: yum, yum, yum
Bianca green girl
Bianca green girl

Veg goes trendy

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Went here a couple of days ago, was blown away by the decor but even more by the food. Recommend the moussaka and the rhubarb tart. Looking forward to going back and trying everything!

Pros: Very tasty food, Superb decor, Huge space
Cons: Bit hard to find, Too many things to choose from
Neerga
Neerga

Go to Govindas instead

2 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

Having heard positive things about this place, I decided to go. I received extremely small servings and the food was very average. You are better off going to Govindas in James St (Burleigh) as you will get a cheaper, better and bigger meal.

Pros: Location
Cons: Small serves, Expensive for portion size, Koftas are average
foxmulder881
foxmulder881

Excellent new gourmet cafe. Happy vegetarian!

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

Yay, finally a great vegetarian place to eat in Broadbeach. My first visit, it only opened four days ago. If this visit was anything to go by then I plan on eating there at least twice a week. Simple but delicious, nice atmosphere, prices were really reasonable. Finally some recognition for all of us vegies out there. An end to not being able to find a clean tasty healthy vege cafe. My husband is not a vegetarian but he tried my meal and definitely agrees that we will be returning, if thats not a good sign than I wouldn't know what is! Thanks Cardamom Pod. from your new over excited vege fan L.J

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cardamom Pod: