The Cafe at Books and Books

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes a vegan section. Offers daily dinner specials. Lively atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
933 Lincoln Rd
Miami Beach, Florida 33109
305-695-8898

Open Mon-Thur, Sun til 10pm, Fri-Sat til 11pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Hungry Vegan
zanotab
zanotab

yay tofu scramble!

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

I'd wanted to try this place for lunch or dinner, but didn't get around to it. On our last morning in Miami, I wanted to find a sit-down place for breakfast and assumed that this place would have some good vegan options. At first, I was disappointed because I just saw the usual egg-based dishes listed on the menu. But then I saw you could substitute tofu in the scramble dishes. Got a tofu scramble with mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. It was very good. My non-veg friends also seemed happy with their meals.

Pros: outdoor seating, good food
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

A Busy Location

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

We walked the length of the mall to eat here. Even though it is at the less busy end of the mall it is more than lively. The first night I had one of the 4 daily specials. The second night, I had the Organic Gallo Pinto and Roasted Vegtables off the permanent menu. Both nights were fine eating experiences with lots of people watching as they walked by in large numbers. There is only one vegan dessert offering but it was very good. A fun eat.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Excellent food, Eating on the mall
cincorobles
cincorobles

Reliable, Abundant, And Satisfying

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

Books & Books, always good, always pleasant, always filling. Enjoy a good, healthy meal on LR. My Vegan choices are excellent, love the Platter, always fresh. Vegan standard on the Road.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 12, 2013

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: sometimes a smoker

scubabubbelzzz
scubabubbelzzz

DIVINE!

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

I'm OBSESSED with The Cafe at Books & Books on South Beach (the Coral Gables location doesn't have a vegan selection). First of all the SOBE location has a HUGE HUGE selection of Vegan and Vegetarian options. But to be honest I've never tried anything else because I'm really OBSESSED with the VEGAN CURRY CHICKEN SALAD, OMG it's amazing. I literally plead with people to try it and its a smash hit every time! It's just so spectacular! Do yourself a favor, go, order this and tell everyone else you know. :-D (It seriously deserves 5 cows but it won't let me mark them because it's not a solely veggie eatery.)

Pros: Killer Vegan and Veggie Food, HUGE menu selection for ALL diet types
Cons: Occasionally questionable table service
chorte23
chorte23

Great Veg and Vegan Options

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

I've been to two Books & Books, and the one on Lincoln Road in Miami has a great menu with plenty of delicious vegan options. This is one of my favorite places to go in Miami. It has delicious soups, black bean hummus, and vegan fare with a tropical flare. I also like the bookstore...

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, fun location
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

A great place for people watching

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2011

Great place for people watching! The Café at Books & Books is located along a pedestrian mall on Lincoln Road in South Beach. In addition to the shopping, the street littered with several restaurants with outdoor seating area - the atmosphere was great and we enjoyed our afternoon there.

The nice thing about this restaurant is the separate vegan menu...extra points from me! I recommend the vegan platter and would likely go back again.

MonicaWeinhold
MonicaWeinhold

Great VEGAN options!

4 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

This place is perfect! Right on Lincoln Road and has a lot of vegan and vegetarian options. The quinoa with tofu is delicious. The vegetarian sandwich is really good too (it's not vegan becuase the non-chicken meat has whey.. that's a detail of them). The prices are reasonable. They give a bean and hummus paste as an appetizer that tastes great! They also have a very good very good ginger/carrot cake as dessert. The service is good too.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Convenient, Reasonable prices
Cons: Can't think of any
Hungry Vegan
Hungry Vegan

A vegan menu section and daily vegan specials

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

I ate dinner here twice during my visit to Miami Beach. They had a section on the menu titled "VEGAN", which is so nice because I do not have to play 20 questions with the server and make them double check things with the chef. On their daily specials they also had a few more vegan options along with a vegan carrot cake for dessert. The portions were hearty sized and the food tasted wonderful! The first visit I ordered grilled vegetables with coconut quinoa. It was so awesome and huge!!!! I think it was a whole bunch of broccoli with squash and other veggies as well. The quinoa coconut was to die for! The second time I ordered a grilled tofu salad that was also large and tasty! My husband ordered the same thing both times -- brown coconut rice with a black bean soup and avocado. We also ordered a side of fried yuca one night and some other type of sweet potato side item the other night. The vegan carrot cake was so decadent! Seating is outside, if it is chilly they have little heaters to keep you warm. There is a ton of interesting people watching at this outdoor mall too. The services was great! I wish this restaurant was in my home town.

Pros: Numerous VEGAN options, good size portion for the price, daily vegan specials
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of The Cafe at Books and Books: