The Buddhist Vegetarian Kit...

Chinese vegetarian restaurant. Inexpensive and large portions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Buddhist, Chinese
3290 Midland
Scarborough, Ontario M1V3Z9
292-7095

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by dkingdesigndotcom
mwong1111
mwong1111

The Best of vegetarian "meat"

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

Although I hardly eat-in at this restaurant, it's the only place my family knows that offers the best vegetarian "meat". They have fresh vegetarian "meat" they make themselves that taste so good, and it's the best when they're freshly made. Whenever I'm craving vegetarian "meat" or what Chinese people call "j-eye", it's always a treat when my parents bring home a large dish of assorted "j-eye" back home because the restaurant's at least a thirty minute drive away from my house. I haven't had any other comparably good vegetarian meats aside from this restaurant, so I really love this restaurant.

Ken4057
Ken4057

Pretty disappointing

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2010

We ordered the kung-pao tofu (chef special), fried noodles with mock seafood and fried spring rolls. None were memorable. The spring rolls were very greasy and the sauce for the seafood dish was watery.

I get the sense the food was hit-and-miss, and we just happened to miss. Some of the other dishes we saw looked good.

The waitress was very stressed and unfriendly. Before any food arrived she banged down an unasked-for empty plate and a single fork in front me (I'm a white male), while ignoring my girlfriend, who is of Asian descent. Pretty ironic as I lived in Japan for years and can operate chopsticks on an advanced level (re: whilst very drunk on sake). I'm used to the assumptions, however.

Since it's buried deep in the heart of Scarborough, I'd not likely ever go back. Lotus is just up the road and it's tons better in atmosphere and offerings.

On the upside it was pretty cheap and there is booth seating.

NovazMom
NovazMom

We go here often

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

Other than their fried rice (don't know why, it just has no flavour) everyhing we've tried there is great. The portions are huge for the price and they recently renovated so the atmosphere is better (although still not fancy by any means). The staff is polite but usually overworked so unattentive, but for that type of food for the price, well worth it!

Pros: choice, flavour, price
Cons: service

dkingdesigndotcom
dkingdesigndotcom

SUPER HUGE PORTIONS!!!

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2007

6.95 CND (before tax and before the gratuity): Black bean sauce chicken (made of tons of rolled tofu leaves) kwetiau (flat rice noodle). Luckily, we brought 2 food containers, *whew*! Free tea (Simon's Wok also : free tea).

Pros: SUPER HUGE PORTION(S), Yummy
Cons: tea taste: ?!?!?!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Buddhist Vegetarian Kitchen: