The Breadfruit and Rum Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers healthier dinners without the use of microwaves, fryers, or canned-goods. Uses locally grown organic produce when available. At least 1 vegan item. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, Jamaican, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by solarkismet
amarello
amarello

Unique and delicious

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2012

I was surprised to read such a bad review here. I have been to Breadfruit many times and have never felt like they were pushy or greedy. This is a very small place and the staff is very friendly. All of their juices are $4 or less, fresh, and delicious. We have tried most everything on the menu (I went there as an omnivore too) and loved it. Although the parking right in front is metered (during the day), if you are willing to walk a block or two there is free parking elsewhere.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, unique
Cons: small
koolestgrrlukno
koolestgrrlukno

Wouldn't go back

1 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

You know those people you instantly don't like? They don't even have to say anything, and you already know. That's kind of how I felt walking into this place. It was way overpriced for what you get and how muh it costs them to make it. Also, come with a firm grip on your wallet, as the server tried to upsell my husband and I at every bend! I rejected all of his $6 carrot juices and $8 desserts, but he ended up tricking me into getting bread with my $7 room temperature soup (two measley sweet pencil-esque breadsticks), so there was another secret $3.50. I imagined him laughing to himself over that Victory. My husband got the coconut tofu, and it was nothing you couldn't make at home. It's not that I'm a cheapskate, but I don't like feeling like i'm at a used car lot when I'm paying $40 for a mediocre lunch in the first place. Also, there's only metered parking, so bring some coins.

Pros: The paintings were nice.
Cons: Server is a douche, Food was ok, Yougo not get what you (over)pay for
PhytoFan
PhytoFan

Unique Haven

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2010

Pleasant, tasteful spot, on the edge of Downtown. Not big, but stylish and welcoming. Creative Jamaican crossover menu, at moderate prices. Friendly staff.

Pros: Interesting menu, Tasteful atmosphere
Cons: Little hard to find

solarkismet
solarkismet

Original and tasty

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2010

Not many vegetarian friendly Jamaican restaurants - about 1/2 vegetarian menu. Really original and tasty.

Pros: original taste, good presentation, fun
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of The Breadfruit and Rum Bar: