Vegan and gluten-free products offered in addition to a growing assortment of locally-sourced products including produce, skin care, non dairy options, baked goods, prepared foods, household items, and books. more-less
249 Peters St SW (Fair St)
Atlanta, Georgia 30313

desi30354
desi30354

Needs time to build

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

My mom and I went here because we read about it in the paper and wanted to support a local grocery which sells locally sourced foods and had gluten free (my mom's intelorant) and vegan friendly foods. The location is tricky to find but even still the store front was much smaller than I was expecting though it looked like they had space and looked as though they may have a hot bar. One of the owners was very very gracious and helpful and a kind spirit and Jason, the cashier whom I know from Sevananda, was there and really helpful. Overall it was nice to see this store growing but it will have to gain more popularity as the shelves didn't have a large selection. We didn't see any fresh produce and prices were much higher than at a larger chain like Whole foods or even Krogers. Overall though I like the feel of the place and will continue to give it my money to support it and its causes.

Pros: Independently owned, Gluten Free friendly, sells locally sourced items
Cons: Small selection, Expensive, No fresh produce

Dear Owner and Manager of The Boxcar Grocer: