The Borough

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan choices are made without cheese or seasoning on the fries and include corn salsa, mock chicken nachos, mock jerk chicken sandwich, a spinach burger, and a black bean burger. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by supertramp
supertramp
supertramp

Best fries :)

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

The Borough doesn't have the most veg options, but I am in love with the atmosphere, late hours, and the consistently best fries I've had in Raleigh.

My favorite is the black bean burger, which is vegan sans a few toppings. You also need to specify to make the fries vegan as well (as noted on the menu), but I've never had an issue with this or a server who looked confused by the word "vegan." I used to get the vegan jerk chicken, but I have found the spice level varies. The servers can usually tell you if it's very spicy that day.

One of the times I was there they had a vegan dessert option (pie!) and that made me very happy. In a perfect world, that would happen more often. I also wish The Borough would carry Daiya cheese so more of their vegetarian options could be offered vegan (I'm looking at you, nachos), but at this point I like my go-to bean burger and fries enough to keep returning.

Pros: Amazing good fries! Such fries! Wow!, Great atmosphere, Late hours
Cons: No vegan cheese--maybe one day!, Few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of The Borough: