CLOSED: The Bloomsbury Cafe

Cafe located above Bloomsbury shop and access is via stairs at back. Reduced menu and with limited vegan options. Menu includes cakes, soup, salads, sandwiches and wraps. Under new management and previously named Metropolitan Cafe. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, International, Beer/Wine
15 New Bond Street, Bath
Bath, England BA1 1BA
01225-482680

Open Mon-Sat 10-17.30, Sun 11-17.

First Review by aclasse
thomastank
thomastank

Great Veggie Cafe

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2012

Visited here after discovering the Porter Pub now serves meat and I wanted a pure veggie lunch as I was starving! Thanks to this site I found this gem of a veggie cafe. Had a lovely ciabatta with salad and followed this with an awesome brownie. Will now be my number one veggie lunch venue.

VeganJenJen
VeganJenJen

Pretty good - bit limited for vegans

3 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

Went here with my boyfriend (he's veggie, I'm vegan), and it's a cute little place, hidden upstairs in a shop. The menu is great if you're vegetarian, but most things had cheese in it. I found a humous, alfalfa sprout and cucumber sandwich which was pretty good, but the staff seem to have limited knowledge on vegan food (when I checked it was vegan before ordering, the lady looked panicked and had to ask 3 colleagues, one of whom had an answer rather than a shrug of the shoulders!) and I thought it was a shame they had so many nice looking cakes and none are marked vegan (I didn't bother to ask after the sandwich conversation!). But the place itself was really nice, and as a vegan it's nice to go somewhere and have a sandwich without too much trauma! So I think I'd definitely recommend it to vegetarians, and possibly to vegans too.

Pros: cute place, nice atmosphere, good for vegetarians
Cons: not too vegan friendly, quite small so might not get a table
evilfrozenpeas
evilfrozenpeas

Dissappointingly Trendy.

2 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2010

Fine for vegetarians I guess, but I'm a vegan and had to have their one vegan option, Humous and sprouts in a green wrap. Although this was nice, this hot, sweaty little cafe doesn't show any..ethic at all, seeming instead to be entirely vegetarian for the trend.

aclasse
aclasse

Perhaps not the best for vegans

3 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2008

This place seems quite pleasant, and they interesting stuff on the menu that seemed as if it could have been adapted for vegans, but unfortunately they weren't able to (perhaps because the sandwich fillings etc had already been made). The sandwich-assembler shouted this information across the room when I tried to ask for a wrap with something left out, in what I thought was an unnecessarily emphatic way! So I didn't feel too welcome, and ended up with a hummus sandwich which was fine but unexciting (I could also have had tapenade). Somewhere like the Porter Bar is probably a better bet if you're vegan.

Pros: Interesting menu
Cons: Vegans can't have much of it!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Bloomsbury Cafe: