A vegetarian sit-down juice bar/restaurant in downtown serving a number of vegan and vegetarian dishes including soups, quesadillas, wraps, salads and a couple of raw desserts, along with juices and smoothies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Juice bar, Raw, Take-out

First Review by JillUmbach
Love2lol
Love2lol

Not bad

3 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

Today was my first time at the bleeding carrot and overall it was a good experience. The service was good but not great and the wait for our food was a little long. Was it worth the wait? Sort of. I ordered the falafel pita with a side of chips and salsa. The sauce was not spread all throughout the pita, it was just a glob in the middle and the salsa was from a jar. There were some desserts at the cash register which looked delicious but the staff had no idea what they were when I asked! I will return to try other menu items but I have defiantly been to better veg restaurants.

Pros: Healthy food, Friendly staff, Good portion size
Cons: Long wait for food, Un knowledgable staff , Poor decor
rgdaniel
rgdaniel
  • non-vegetarian

Two words: Awe.. Some...

5 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

I haven't had anything here that wasn't awesome. And I always try what my wife is having too. I keep suggesting they should add a bacon and egg breakfast to the menu, but apparently that's not in the spirit of the thing. But that's fine, what they do have is exceptional. The black bean and rice salad was my friend in dark times, and I'll always be grateful. The apple cider was so fresh tasting it reminded me of walking in the forest in the fall and hammering the taps into the apple trees. The wall-size mural of the gigantic carrot in distress took me back to the Seventies. In a good way. And that right there... "in a good way"... that IS the spirit of the thing.

Pros: best food ever
Cons: no bacon, just kidding, no cons
JillUmbach
JillUmbach

My fav immune booster!

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

Love the Carrot Zinger juice ... with lots of garlic!! Fantastic immune booster!

Pros: Super friendly staff, Excellent food, Nice vibe

Dear Owner and Manager of The Bleeding Carrot: