A Twin Peaks TV show themed vegetarian restaurant opened its doors in June 2013. Serves casual, pub food with vegan and gluten free options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by Krishna Mulder
DM
DM

Fantastic comfort food

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

Tons of vegetarian and vegan options. Great cocktails and comfort food. Space is small, but the theme is really cool.

kenvegan
kenvegan

Interesting Decor / Good Food

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

I never have high expectations of food quality when I go to themed restaurant. I find that more often than not, the food is average. The Black Lodge has better than average food, and the Twin Peaks theme is quite interesting.

You would never expect a place that looks like this to be a vegetarian restaurant.

Poutine is a common Canadian dish, originating in Quebec, made with french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds. The Black Lodge is one of the rare restaurants serving the a vegan poutine. I have never tried traditional poutine, so I cannot make a comparison, but the poutine was my favorite part of the meal.

I ordered the cheese steak, and it was quite good. I have had better vegan sandwiches in my life, but the atmosphere was so interesting that I was very content.

Be sure to check out the restrooms.

Pros: Food, Reasonable prices
heywood100
heywood100

Small but fun

4 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

It's kind of ridiculous to walk off a random, suburban-feeling Vancouver street into a wood cabin with a picture of Laura Palmer on the bar, but ridiculous in a good way. The place is very small, but the food is cheap and tasty - I had a 'Philly Cheesesteak' which was essentially just a veggie hot dog chopped up with cheese and horseradish, but it worked well for the price. Try it out.

Xanato5
Xanato5

Campy in all the right ways

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

This place is fun!

It is a (very) small, quirky pub dedicated to Twin Peaks with vegan bar food (let that sink in for a minute).

They have vegan versions of poutine, chilli-dogs, and occasionally rib slider among other things. And don't forget beer, beer, beer! Oh, and cherry pie - a la mode. And beer.

Culinarily-speaking, their fries are actually very good. I think they leave the skin on. The rest of the food is good but not mind-shatteringly so. But you won't care cause you'll be having a great time.

Pros: Unique atmosphere , Vegan bar food!, Beer.
Cons: I'm not there right now.
nowherefast
nowherefast

Great food, great prices

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I have been here a handful of times with a variety of friends (vegan and meat eaters). They have all loved this place! I have had their Ceasar Salad poutine, Tree Huger Burger, and Pulled Pork Sliders (special of the day). All equally delicious and filling! I recommend this place to anyone looking for great food, reasonably priced food at a cosy, individual restaurant.
The restaurant is on the small side, so it's best to not bring large parties here for dinner.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 30, 2014

Also they have the best coconut bacon in town!

Pros: Interior decorating, Great food, Atmosphere
Krishna Mulder
Krishna Mulder

Karma Free Soul Food

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Looking for some poutine and the best veggie dog you've ever had? This place is great! They have salads and the standard healthy options as well. But it's nice to see a place where a vegetarian can get great pub style food, without all the dead animals.

I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back. Try the sliders. They are soooooo good!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Reasonable Price
Cons: Smaller Location, It was a bit cold inside.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Black Lodge: