Hit the junk food spot. Vegan poutine with Daiya and mushroom gravy was good.
I ordered the loaded veggie and paid. They made my friend's order and had it on the table for them before letting me know that oops... they are actually out of vegan cheese. They asked if I'd just like it without cheese and I said no that would just be a very expensive fries and vegetables and since my friend was already almost done hers, I would just have my money back. When I originally paid I had put a tip on it and the person working there gave me back my amount minus the tip and I actually had to awkwardly request that I get that back as well. Will not return to this location. Might give the Kensington location a chance.
I had the loaded veggie poutine - it wasn't anything outstanding, but certainly not terrible. What I can't stand, though, is when restaurants charge extra for Daiya cheese. I mean, come on, it's not like everyone is beating down the door in a quest for non-dairy cheese. Every non-veg I know wouldn't touch the stuff. So would it really be so hard to throw a bone to us Daiya eaters and include it in the prices? There, I've ranted.
I had the vegan version of the traditional poutine. So it had mushroom gravy and Daiya mozzarella, and it was really good! I'm glad there's a place to get decent vegan poutine in Calgary. You can also get the Loaded Veggie poutine vegan-style.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has The Big Cheese Poutinerie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 687 times since Jan 2013.