Serves meat, veg options available. Organic cafe with a menu designed by a certified nutritionist and a homeopathic doctor. Vegan and wheat-free labeled. Menu is around 70%+ vegetarian/vegan. Offers weekend brunch. Sustainable interior design. Uses biodegradable packaging. Supports local farmers. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Canadian, Non-veg
2945 Dundas St W
Toronto, Ontario M6P 1Z2
416-916-2368

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Ken4057
HeatherRoberts
HeatherRoberts

Good Options, BAD follow through

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2015

My boyfriend and his mom and I have been to this place a load of times because they both eat animal products and like that it has both vegan and non-vegan options. The food is really quite delicious and the restaurant has a great ambience. HOWEVER, on several occasions I have noticed them serving non-vegan food to vegan customers (myself included) who clearly articulate their veganism, and for a restaurant who advertises itself as vegan-friendly this is obviously a really huge problem. It has happened to me twice (out of maybe 10 visits) which, in my opinion, is an unacceptable margin of error. Lucky for me the mixups were on items where I could clearly see that the cheese was not vegan, but I have witnessed others order the vegan mac and cheese and receive dairy products, which is not as easily recognized until eaten. The waitress confirmed to them that they were given dairy cheese and apologized, but as far as I know there was no effort made to offer a discount or complimentary meal. Eating animal products when assured that the item is vegan is something that can cause a lot of emotional distress to a vegan person so I was very disappointed in the way this was handled on each occasion. The food is good, but there are plenty of vegan &vegan friendly places on Bloor West that will not serve you animals by accident or oversight.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice wine
Cons: Have served animal products to vegan customers mul
Lindzriot
Lindzriot

Great food! Good Service

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2015

Really awesome vegan food. Glad that my vegetarian and meat eating friends could join me too. Good juice. Great Mac and Cheese too. Would come back if I'm in the area.

Pros: lots of vegan options, great place for all diets to eat, patio
Cons: small , loud atmosphere inside
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Good for lunch

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2015

Six of us came for lunch and everyone enjoyed the food. I had the vegan burger, an interesting juice and finished with desert and coffee. The atmosphere was good and the service friendly. I will return another time but hopefully it will be less busy; the patio looked like it might be nice in the summertime.

Pros: Good food, Pleasant and helpful staff, Cheerful decor
Cons: Very busy, A bit on the loud side

Teknotribes
Teknotribes

Not worth a trip out of your way but good in a pinch

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Completely forgettable, dry, tasteless food but Interesting atmosphere and nice patio for a few drinks.

Pros: good atmosphere, good patio, good drinks
Cons: bland food, super slow
saveur
saveur

Good resto with mixed options

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

I like going to this resto with friends who can't skip the meat. This way, I can get my vegan fix and they can get their organic meat-fix, too. I raelly like their pressed tofu and they have been amenable to changing their sandwiches into quinoa bowls for me. Their beet juices are fabulous. They also sell Kombucha (yum!). And, their cashew cheesecakes are delicious. A bit pricy when you start ordering a drink, main and dessert, but good quality food.

Petesternz
Petesternz

Worth a visit

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

Recently made it to Beet. There are certainly enough vegan options to keep the "serious" happy, and we enjoyed the food here. The muffins (chocolate/banana) are top-notch, and our grilled tofu sandwiches were very very good. The one down note was the smoothie - a cinnamon maple concoction that looked good but came luke warm (yuk). Luckily, my two year old loved it. Watch out - this place is very pricey, but given the local/organic, not unreasonably so.

veggiewoman
veggiewoman

Cool place

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

I actually can't comment on the food, but all I had was a coffee and piece of bread that came with my sister's soup, but there were so few reviews for the Beet I thought I'd add what I can anyway. I will mention that my huge mug of coffee with soymilk was very cheap (around $2).

The Beet is based on organic food, so while it is veg-friendly (and gluten-free friendly), it does serve meat. It has a great atmosphere, and would be a good place to go for coffee, lunch or dinner with friends, a casual date, studying... Menu has some interesting items and some very fancy looking drinks (I am sure I saw people drinking beet juice out of wine glasses!).

Pros: cool vibe, interesting menu, local and green
Ken4057
Ken4057

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

Got here around 4 pm. They were already closed.

Accessed by going through a TD Bank ATM lobby. Weird.

Will try they again and re-review. Three cows since their menu is mostly vegan and they're participating in the 1st Veggielicious!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Beet Organic Cafe: