The Beet Organic Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic cafe with a menu designed by a certified nutritionist and a homeopathic doctor. Vegan and wheat-free options are labeled. Menu is 80% vegetarian and 50% vegan. Sustainable interior design, 100% biodegradable packaging. Supports local farmers. Carries imported items that are Certified Fair Trade. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2945 Dundas St W (Keele St )
Toronto, Ontario
416-916-2368

Open Mon-Fri 8am-10pm, Sat brunch 10am-4pm, dinner 5:30-10pm, Sun brunch 10am-4pm.

First Review by Ken4057
Teknotribes
Teknotribes

Not worth a trip out of your way but good in a pinch

3 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Completely forgettable, dry, tasteless food but Interesting atmosphere and nice patio for a few drinks.

Pros: good atmosphere, good patio, good drinks
Cons: bland food, super slow
saveur
saveur

Good resto with mixed options

4 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

I like going to this resto with friends who can't skip the meat. This way, I can get my vegan fix and they can get their organic meat-fix, too. I raelly like their pressed tofu and they have been amenable to changing their sandwiches into quinoa bowls for me. Their beet juices are fabulous. They also sell Kombucha (yum!). And, their cashew cheesecakes are delicious. A bit pricy when you start ordering a drink, main and dessert, but good quality food.

Petesternz
Petesternz

Worth a visit

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

Recently made it to Beet. There are certainly enough vegan options to keep the "serious" happy, and we enjoyed the food here. The muffins (chocolate/banana) are top-notch, and our grilled tofu sandwiches were very very good. The one down note was the smoothie - a cinnamon maple concoction that looked good but came luke warm (yuk). Luckily, my two year old loved it. Watch out - this place is very pricey, but given the local/organic, not unreasonably so.

veggiewoman
veggiewoman

Cool place

3 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

I actually can't comment on the food, but all I had was a coffee and piece of bread that came with my sister's soup, but there were so few reviews for the Beet I thought I'd add what I can anyway. I will mention that my huge mug of coffee with soymilk was very cheap (around $2).

The Beet is based on organic food, so while it is veg-friendly (and gluten-free friendly), it does serve meat. It has a great atmosphere, and would be a good place to go for coffee, lunch or dinner with friends, a casual date, studying... Menu has some interesting items and some very fancy looking drinks (I am sure I saw people drinking beet juice out of wine glasses!).

Pros: cool vibe, interesting menu, local and green
Ken4057
Ken4057

3 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

Got here around 4 pm. They were already closed.

Accessed by going through a TD Bank ATM lobby. Weird.

Will try they again and re-review. Three cows since their menu is mostly vegan and they're participating in the 1st Veggielicious!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Beet Organic Cafe: