Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant that's accommodating to veg requests. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

The Gay Vegans
The Gay Vegans

Great meal in Carson City

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

We love this place. Second time in town and had to come back. Excellent food and friendly service. There is a great understanding of what vegan means here. If the Mango spring roll is on the menu, get it. Delicious. Most meals can be made without meat and/or with tofu. Great flavors. Great vegan place in the middle of a city that does not offer a lot of vegan options.

docmz
docmz

• raw

Basil is the bomb

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

we love this place. We are vegan and my parents who live in Carson City are die hard adherents of the SAD diet. Basil accommodates us as vegans in a very friendly and delicious way. All of us are happy with our meals every time. We love the Mango Rolls and the Green Papaya Salad as well as the Thom Ka Ghay soup made vegan. Their curries are excellent with fresh veggies and lots of flavor. They also make a great vegan Pad Thai if you request it.

Pros: happy to accommodate vegans , friendly owners, delicious food
Cons: closed on sundays
Lilydog
Lilydog

Vegan delight

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2011

This restaraunt was amazing! When we arrived we mentioned we were vegan and we were treated like royalty! The chef and owner came out and talked to us reassuring us that she would create amazing dishes. They went above and beyond and the food was delicious! It was a culinary delight! They also serve meat for those who prefer that.

Pros: Delicious, Great atmosphere, Wonderful service
lwylie
lwylie

The Basil - wonderful dining experience

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2010

My earlier review was based upon the lunch menu. For this review, my wife and I had the pleasure of having dinner. While lunch at the Basil is a treat; dinner is even better. Although non-vegetarian items are served, one aspect of The Basil I appreciate is the lack of any meat-cooking odors. Also, we had the opportunity to meet the owner, herself a vegetarian. When I commented that I have always found questions concerning eggs and animal source ingredients handled with clear understanding, and that I was very impressed with the level of her wait-staff's understanding of vegetarian concerns, she said she has spent a lot of time educating them.
The dinner menu contains numerous vegetarian options. We started dinner off with a suggestion from the owner to try the mango spring rolls. They were beyond wonderful. Next, we tried the green papaya salad and it was a huge hit. For our main courses, my wife ordered tofu and broccoli in a peanut sauce, and I ordered the panang curry with tofu. Dinner was wonderful. The artistic presentation of the dinner items reflects the owner's desire to promote her cultural heritage, and her wish that people will appreciate the care with which each item is prepared. Lastly, we shared a desert of homemade coconut ice cream. All I will say about desert, is that should you be so fortunate as to dine here, order this desert. Again, I give The Basil the highest rating I can. Although they serve non-veg items, they are beyond friendly to vegetarian guests.

Pros: Extrememly clean, Friendly and knowlegeable staff, Wonderful food
Cons: The Basil is a four hour drive for me!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Basil: