The Bald Strawberry Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Gluten free restaurant, casual and quaint. Has vegan Daiya cheese, sometimes vegan baked goods (call ahead), and the kitchen will modify items to suit requests. Small menu with salads, waffle pizzas, and waffle sandwiches--the waffle, which is vegan, is used like bread. Moved from 2011 Melbourne Ct. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Bakery, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

MicheleWay
MicheleWay

Delightful Surprise

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

From the unique atmosphere to the excellent service to the fresh & tasty food, this place was a delightful surprise in the middle of a strip mall!

Unlike other reviewers, I found the portions to be just the right size for lunch, and if one were still hungry I'd suggest stopping by the Bald Strawberry bakery (just a few doors down) for dessert!

I had the Big V, a pile of veggies, black bean hummus and avocado slices between two waffles. It was fresh and flavorful, absolutely delicious.

I will definitely be visiting The Bald Strawberry again, especially since the owners are adding beer, wine and live music to the mix!

TKoch
TKoch

Pass on this place. Expensive, tiny portions, yuck

1 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

We went here for lunch last week. I ordered a spinach strawberry salad with almonds. It was $10 and served in a regular cereal bowl. It was tiny. It was also all almonds. I crunched my way through it for a while, but when my jaw started to hurt, I gave up and scooped them all out. Daughter had a pizza for $10 that was the size of an eggo waffle. Son had a hummus sandwich on their waffles. He said it was ok. They were less than happy about accommodating our requests to leave items off or change things. I reasoned that since the pizza comes with two different kinds of cheeses, we should be able to substitute easily. No, she wanted to charge an extra $2.00 to put two extra vegetables on in place of the cheeses. Do yourself a favor, pass on this place. Server was mad we asked for changes. Almost forgot, there is no sign on this place, so finding it was very difficult.

Cons: Tiny portions, Extremely expensive, Surly server
mlesniak262
mlesniak262
  • non-vegetarian

Terrific Vegan/Gluten Free

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

My vegan/gluten free daughter and I stopped at the Bald Strawberry and we had a wonderful dinner. The restaurant is family owned and operated and obvious care and love goes in to every detail. They own the gluten free bakery two doors down as well and brought us dessert from the bakery -which was closed- at the end of our meal. I had the ham & cheese sandwich which was served on a crisp waffle and my gluten free vegan daughter had an entire menu of options to choose from. Lunch was absolutely delicious.

Pros: Chef is owner of restaurant, Excellent food, Great menu for vegans

Farmaroundthebend
Farmaroundthebend

awesome!!

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

Wonderful! We got a salad, the organic herb pizza & the Sweet Daydream sandwich all slightly modified to be vegan and they were AMAZING! The staff/owner/chef....everyone we met- all SO nice and accommodating and super friendly. Glad we got off I-95 N on our loooong road trip to check this place out! We live in TN but will definitely go back when in Florida again. GREAT PLACE!

Pros: vegan waffles, tons of gluten free, friendly staff
Cons: Serves meat, balsamic vinaigrette non-vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of The Bald Strawberry Cafe: