CLOSED: The Back Room Deli

Part of The Good Food Store. Pre-made food with a hot bar, salad bar, and cooler. Vegan option available. MARCH 2013 confirmed shut down. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out
1001 6th St. NW (11th Ave NW)
Rochester, Minnesota 55901
507-289-9061

Open Mon-Fri 8-7, Sat 9-5, Sun 12-5.

First Review by pinkr0bot
momsupport
momsupport

Good but hidden!

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

The Back Room Deli is actually just a corner of The People's Food Co-op, so if you're from out of town and looking for a sign there really isn't one. Visiting Rochester with my daughter, who is vegetarian and hard to please, this turned out to be a favorite spot. She loved the Awesome Wraps! Prices a little higher than a burger joint but food was great.

Pros: Good food, Several options
Cons: Hard to find , Slightly pricy
Collin.sandoe
Collin.sandoe

Best in town.

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2011

The back room deli is the most veg friendly restaurant in Rochester. The food is all home made and (dispute what the original entry says) is all vegan. The serve homemade veggie burgers, grilled tofu sandwiches and daily specials. In addition the have smoothies and desserts. To balance out all this praise, the hours are limited and it is a bit pricy. However, you get what you pay for. I hope to work at this fine establishment one day.

Pros: Delicious, Animal free, Whole foods
Cons: Bit pricy, Limited hours
steroidicalkiwi
steroidicalkiwi

very good!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2008

my boyfriend and i had the spelt burger and the oat? burger with the vegan potato salad. very good. the store also had carob chocolate bars, which was really interesting to me!

Pros: great food, friendly service
Cons: small

pinkr0bot
pinkr0bot

Soooo delicious!!

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2007

I am moving from Rochester and this is the place I am going to miss the most (besides my house and my family)!!! I LOVE the cajun tofu wrap, spicy spelt burger, salads, African peanut soup, and so many other things. Now they have lunch specials everyday which makes it even more difficult to decide what I want to eat!

Pros: food is excellent, friendly staff, healthy food
Cons: not too much seating

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Back Room Deli: