CLOSED: The Art of Healthy ...

This health food store houses an organic juice bar. Offers a full line of vitamins & supplements (including its own private brand Core Essentials) plus organic produce, grocery, household products, and in-house organic and vegan ice cream (both hemp and soy based). Knowledgeable staff, local community-oriented. SOLD IN JUN 2012 TO DIFFERENT OWNERS AND CHANGED NAME TO GREEN LIFE MARKET. more-less
1388 Route 23 North
Butler, New Jersey 07405
973-283-8322

Mon-Fri 10-8, Sat 10-7, Sun 11-6

First Review by Amanda R
Amanda R
Amanda R

Great store, service not so great

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

Well the ice cream person was not very nice, but other than that this place is awesome. They have most of the food and hygiene products I frequently buy from other health food stores, and the trip (20 minutes for me) was worth it just for the ice cream! I had gluten free cookie (though I eat gluten) and I thought it was excellent. It was better than most of the boxed vegan ice cream I've had. I did try a few other samples (they don't mind!) and they were all pretty good.

I had a really good time at this store and I'd go back. If you live near it and you're vegan or vegan leaning, you're very lucky!

Pros: vegan ice cream?!, wide selection of food, convenient location
Cons: not so friendly staff, a bit cramped/disorganized

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: The Art of Healthy Living: