The Annex Cafe

Vegetarian cafe and gallery serving breakfast, lunch, coffee and cakes. Uses dairy and egg. Frequent sessions with musicians, poetry. Jan 2014 reported change of ownership and menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Australian

First Review by Deborah3000
sharklovergirl
sharklovergirl

great place

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

My mum and I used to always come here for breakfast, usually at least once a week. They used to have amazing breakfasts but have since changed and now it is unfortunately not as good, but still lovely. The coffee is great and the owners and friendly and welcoming. They also host things to support the local community and artists which is great!

Pros: great food, great atmosphere, great coffee
Cons: too small! (often can't get a seat :( )
TomAnderson
TomAnderson

Pretty nice cafe

4 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2013

This is a small coffee shop that serves veggie food. They have new menus all the time.

Also, they can accommodate your needs. Just tell them what you want and they will be able to make something for you. They might use a lot of pepper.

Pros: Friendly, Can accomodate needs
Cons: Small
Deborah3000
Deborah3000

reasonable

3 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2013

I went to this place when I visited Glenelg last week. The menu was quite limited but the food was good. My companion had a burger which apparently was quite nice. I chose a quinoa-based salad type of thing which was quite tasty. It is quite a small cafe but it wasn't crowded when we went there.
I would recommend it to people who visit Glenelg while it is the only vegetarian restaurant available.

Pros: well prepared food
Cons: limited choice, perhaps a bit overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of The Annex Cafe: