The Almond Tree

An eco-friendly and vegetarian cafe, opened Oct 2013. Menu encompasses English classics and Mediterranean tastes. Serves breakfast, sandwiches, Italian dishes, seasonal soups, and baked cakes with vegan and gluten-free options. The Sunday Roast includes roast potatoes, parsnips, and seasonal vegetables with the main ingredient being usually vegetarian nut roast, while for the vegan one a tart. Has a retail area stocking organic, fair trade, and gluten free food stuff (pasta, bread, olive oil, jam, sauce, etc.). Seats 15 inside, free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, English, British, Italian, Bakery, Take-out
109c Dyke Road
Brighton, England BN1 3JE

Open Mon-Wed 9am-6pm, Thur 9am-5pm, Fri-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 10am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jojoinbrighton
LauraStone90
LauraStone90

Nice lunch, relaxing atmosphere

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

We decided to go here for lunch the other day, as we'd never been before. It was nice, and there were lots of choices. Unlike some places, who offer lunch-y things, and dinner-y meals, this was more of a lunch or breakfast place, but that's not a bad thing. My other half had the all-day Vegan breakfast, and I had the toasted polenta W/mushrooms, rocket, garlic pesto, etc. We both had a fresh juice, and we shared a piece of Vegan chocolate cake-all was absolutely delicious! I think it's all reasonably priced, as it was very filling. The Vegan options are clearly labeled, and there is plenty to choose from.

Pros: Plenty of Vegan options, Really lovely food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: It is hard to spot at first, Not a massive place, but some outdoors, Not 100% Vegan
fuz1987
fuz1987

An immediate favourite

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

From the outside it looks like a tea shop or greasy spoon cafe. Walk through the sliding door and enter a world of delicious food. Although Vegetarian the number of Vegan and Gluten Free options are impressive. The polenta and home-made vegan cheese are fantastic and the prices are cheap. The thing that should get you through the door though is the cake. I had Vanilla and Coconut today and have tried others before and beside the very generous sizes the taste is intense and I have never eaten moister cake. The staff are very friendly too and there is free wifi too.

Worth a visit any time for any reason. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Pros: Home-made and cheap food, Lots of Vegan and GF options, Friendly Staff
Cons: Easy to walk past it, Not in the town centre
jojoinbrighton
jojoinbrighton

Lovely, cosy, cafe.

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

I visited The Almond Tree for the first time a few weeks ago and I loved it. I had a delicious meal (toasted polenta with mushrooms and rocket, my friend had a vegan full english) plus cake and we sampled both their home made vegan cheese and their home made hazelnut spread. Everything was delicious and the couple who run the cafe are super friendly. I'll definitely be going back and I can't wait to try their sunday roast.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Great gluten free options, Homemade vegan cheese
Cons: Small space

Dear Owner and Manager of The Almond Tree: