Serves meat, veg options available. Changed name in early 2013; originally named Chili Addiction. Quick service restaurant specializing in chili. Has a separate vegan menu (you have to ask for it) that includes vegan chili, vegan hot dog, vegan chili cheese fries, vegan sausage, vegan nachos, and vegan burger. The hot sauce and ketchup are made from scratch. Casual place, order at the counter and the food is brought to your table. It's next door to Real Food Daily vegan restaurant. Street parking. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
brandalock
brandalock

Pretty Good

3 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

This place is right next to RFD. It is a Belgian/French style bistro with all homemade ingredients, from their condiments, to their bread, to their pickles and patties.

The food was alright, I enjoyed their pickles and home made condiments the most, but their vegan sausages were pretty good. The price was also pretty good and competitive compared to vegan fare in LA.

The service was friendly and relaxed, but in a good way, not in a slow way. Parking is street and could be tricky at peak hours.

The ambiance is the nicest thing about the restaurant, next to their homemade condiments and pickles :)

Pros: 100% Homemade, Ambiance, Pickles!
Cons: Right next to RFD
Samiela
Samiela

Once was enough!

1 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

My husband and I (both vegans) went here with family that eats meat. The vegan hot dog we tried wasn't disgusting, but it wasn't great. The vegan burger was disgusting and we couldn't even take more than one bite each. The vegan ice cream (chocolate & toasted marshmallow flavors) was way too sweet. It tasted like they replaced the dairy with sugar. The truffle fries just tasted like dry garlic fries. I would suggest that you visit another restaurant if you are vegan. Meat eaters seem to enjoy it. I liked their homemade pickles and their ketchup, but the vegan chili was disgusting, just like the vegan burger it came with.

Pros: Food for Vegans & Meat Eaters
Cons: Bad Vegan Food, Location, Lack of Parking
FromVegtoVegan
FromVegtoVegan

Thanks for the Vegan Menu, But No Thanks

1 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

I do appreciate the fact that there is an entire dedicated vegan menu, but I ordered the vegan Buffalo Burger and it was terrible. Super dry w/ barely any sauce and the toppings were equally as scarce. Considering it's pricey, I think I should be able to taste the toppings. Also, it said all the burgers came with homemade pickles and I didn't get any.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 14, 2014

Pros: vegan menu, helpful staff
Cons: tasteless food, overpriced, no pickles, even though it said included
Chia
Chia

Many vegan choices

3 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Chili Addiction review.

It's a little restaurant located right next door to Real Food Daily West Hollywood. The space, while small, fits plenty of seating. You order and pick up your food at the counter. There's a weekly list of chili and usually includes 2 vegan ones.

You have to ask for the vegan menu. It's a list of maybe 10 choices, though I was told that they will make any of the menu flavor/style hot dog using the veggie dog. I suppose you could ask them to use the vegan patty for any of the flavor/style burger. Ask them.

I'm not a chili person cuz I think chili in general is salty, but I got a vegan chili (forgot the name of flavor) and it tasted pretty good. There's definitely TVP (textured vegetable/soy protein) and lots of spices and seasoning. My small container cost $8, which I thought was quite expensive.

If you like chili, then this is a place to check out.

Pros: has vegan
Cons: not cheap
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

3 bean euphoria!

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

If you're ever caught at Real Food Daily with a long line at lunch you can walk a few doors down to Chili Addiction and enjoy some really wonderful vegan options. There's also free parking around the back, just dive in the alley behind trashy lingerie. My fav is the 3 bean euphoria over noodles! chili mac!

Pros: chili mac, low in fat, free parking

alyssa
alyssa

A HEALTHY ADDICTION

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2010

I first encountered Chili Addiction at the Hollywood Farmers Market before they opened their La Cienega restaurant. We were so impressed with their vegan samples we brought home some black bean chili and some amazing raw chili (now only available by request 24 hrs. in advance. So worth it!) Since then I have tried probably 4 of their other vegans chilis, all of them very flavorful and unique. They even have one with garbanzo beans. Very hearty and filling. I stopped by today not knowing what to get and Johnny suggested I try their special vegan burger. He said it is a home-made tempe burger created by friends of his. I ordered it with grilled onions, some of their fabulous home-made grain mustard and ketchup and pickles. Turns out they make their own pickles too! I must tell you that the burger was one of the best I have ever eaten. It was plump and "meaty" and perfectly grilled with a nice barbecued flavor. The bun was whole wheat, but still soft and toasted around the edges. It was served with a pile of baby greens (yum!) and slices of raw onion (which I discarded). The pickles were crunchy and garlicy and went perfectly with the burger. I actually cleaned my plate, which is a rarity for me. The food here is incredible! Johnny and Rick are such lovely people too. It is always a pleasure dealing with them.

Pros: delicious food, nice owners, lots of vegan options
Cons: parking
randomgirl
randomgirl

Tons of vegan options!

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2010

This is a great place for vegans (especially on those occasions you are dining with meat eaters)! They always have a separate vegan menu, with 2 kinds of vegan chili, vegan nachos, vegan chili cheese fries, vegan sausages, vegan hot dogs and burgers. The owners are really friendly and seem very sincere and earnest. They seem to really enjoy making almost everything there from scratch. I've been there 3 times and everything has been great and the prices are very reasonable! I would have given it 5 stars, but Happy Cow won't let me!

Pros: nice owners, great vegan options, fair prices
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Unique

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2010

We checked out Chili Addiction one day after brunch at RFD, so we were already full, but that didn't stop us (does it ever?). We tried a vegan sausage with chili and sauerkraut. It was tasty, but we took it home to eat, so it was a bit soggy by then (our fault though). The owner was super friendly and told us everything that was vegan. He let us try samples of the chilis too before choosing which one we wanted. The sauces and mustards are great too. The sauerkraut was really different as it was chunks of pickled cabbage as opposed to shreds, but we really liked it, but then again, we both come from cabbage loving backgrounds. ;-) I really want to go back and try the chili cheese fries! It's basically chili in every version you can imagine.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, super nice people
Cons: serves meat
  • Sonja and Dirk Sonja and Dirk

UPDATE: We went back recently as they have expanded their vegan menu. We got the chili cheese fries, the seitan truffle burger, the lethal weapon seitan sausage and some onion rings. It's all homemade and oh, so good. The two vegan chilis that day were the New Mexico and Texas. We went with the Texas for the fries. Dirk also got Johnny's rockets which are pickled jalapenos which he loved. Their homemade condiments are fantastic too. Super friendly staff too!

Dear Owner and Manager of The Addiction Bistro: