Serves meat, veg options available. Bar and restaurant with a seasonally inspired menu that uses fresh local ingredients. Specials' menu changes often. Has Sunday brunch. Offers a few vegan choices including buffalo seitan wings (seitan made-in-house), meatball sandwich, seitan cheesesteak, and red bean burger. Sun-Wed kitchen open until 11pm, Thur 12am, Fri-Sat 1am. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00am, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

First Review by elephantelizabeth
Jamie Roberts
Jamie Roberts

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Northern Liberties bar with good vegan options, including a vegan lasagna, meatball sandwich and 'wings,' plus many vegan boutique beers. Great service; free street parking when you're lucky

Nothing special

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

Went to The Abbaye on a trip to Philadelphia with my family. We were looking for a place were I could eat and the rest of my family (my dad and sister are not vegans). The Abbaye seemed to be a good mix.
I read online they were having a vegan lasagna special. We got there fairly early, around 6, and they said they were all sold out of the lasagna! Made me wonder if they even made it at all. They had a very small selection on their menu and nearly all of the vegan stuff is seitan. I settled on a pumpkin veggie burger, which I don't think was fully vegan because my stomach felt strange, and it was not very good.

Pros: Vegan options
Cons: Dirty , Bland

Dear Owner and Manager of The Abbaye: