Cafe, lounge, and bar with music at night. Has veggie chili, black bean hummus, and other vegetarian dishes. Quirky, charming atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by cheyennea
dream4ever
dream4ever

Food, caffeine and shopping!!

4 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2013

Stopped by en route home to LA via Chicago for something healthy & delish. Cool and quirky, local style.. Love! Vegan chili was so good and super filling. & Definitely check out the antique oddities shop, Rag and Bone, next door. Left with a couple cool vintage skirts!! +++

Soul2Soul Educare
Soul2Soul Educare

Ugly Place with dirty & x-rated decor

2 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

We were on a road trip across the US recently, and were just passing through Amarillo Texas and needed a restaurant that served organic healthy food and found this place online so decided to check it out. First of all it is in a very shady part of town. The place itself is dingy, and dark. The service was not at all friendly. The food took too long to arrive, and they didn't even apologize for it taking so long. The food when it arrived was nothing I couldn't have put together in my own kitchen! The prices were too expensive for this low quality of food. The walls were filled with naked pictures of the human anatomy both male and female. What a terrible place!

Cons: Bad section of town, Bad service, Not so great food

Pstenbjorn
Pstenbjorn

Grungy

2 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

True it smells of smoke but the snell is survivable. The "artwork" is somewhat frightening but to each their own. Now on to food: unexpected would be the polite word to use. The chili - and its famous secret recipe - could be described as a smashed up veggie burger. Truly Texas chili but with a plastic taste. The jalepeno bagel was an unnatural yellow color and was laden with uninspiring cheese. And now sits like a weight in the bottom of my stomach. The chili was unfinishable for us but again tastes vary some must like plastic. Would have given a half cow were I allowed.

Pros: Clean bathrooms, Convenient location
Cons: Food, Limited selection, Smoke
Elizabeth Webb
Elizabeth Webb

I could not LOVE this place more!

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

I love love LOVE the 806! I used to live in Amarillo and would visit the 806 regularly. The food and drinks are amazing! I recommend the Thai tea. It's super tasty! They also have artwork from local artist up for sale on a regular basis. Gives you something new to look at always. They often have live music and open mic nights. I highly recommend this place! Every time I go back to Amarillo; I visit this place. I could not love this place more!

Pros: tasty food and drinks, great staff, always something fun to do and look at
Cons: parking can be a challange
smallo
smallo

Good food but minimal selection

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

Stopped here for lunch - the 'menu' is minimal but their offerings are veg/vegan friendly, however what they lack in food options they make up for in drink (both alcoholic and non-alcholic) options and character. If I'm ever back in Amarillo I'd stop here again.

Pros: Tasty food
Cons: Not many menu items
cheyennea
cheyennea

Cigarette Smoke Alert

2 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2010

Dont know about the food but place reeked of smoke so unable to even go in there. Yikes.

Dear Owner and Manager of The 806: