A vegetarian place with a smoothie and juice bar, situated on the top of a building; not easy to find but worth the effort. Try the veggie burger. Many choices for vegans. Very relaxed atmosphere with a view of the lake. Has wi-fi. Shows cult movies on Sunday nights. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine
8th Calle (turn right from Panajachel Dock)
San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala 07018

enRoute
enRoute

Amazing little spot

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2014

First thing's first, this is a one-man show and everything is slow-cooked and made by hand. It may be worth it to call ahead to place your order, or to stop in and order and then go walk around and come back when the food is ready. A little patience goes a long way here, but it's worth the effort.

I really think it's fantastic spot and am thrilled to have it as an option. The vegan pot pies are divine, there are great, creative smoothies(!), the spot is comfortable and beautiful with awesome lake views, good music, and the owner is a very nice guy. The house green salsa is superb and the burritos and pizzas are delicious. Lots of vegan options and a sweet cat named Mish.

Go support this place if you're in San Pedro! It's a bit out of the way but not hard to find at all. Remember that it closes pretty early most days (around 4:30), but is open late on Sundays for movie night. Don't miss it.

Pros: great home-style veggie food, nice atmosphere, friendly owner
Cons: somewhat limited selection, not open most evenings
Tranaya
Tranaya

Disappointing

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

Two of my measurements for veg restaurants are whether they have good vegan options and whether they have the items on their menu. The Fifth Dimension did not do well.

As soon as we sat down they warned us they were out of avocado. Really? In Guatemala? Then when I asked about the veggie burger, I was told it could not be made vegan. Strike two. Oh, and they were out of ginger beer--strike 2.5. Strike three was having to wait 45 minutes to get our food after we ordered.

To their credit, they have a vegan pizza on the menu--not easy to find in Guatemala. Though it was tasty, the toppings were sparse. It was more like an appetizer than a meal.

My husband had the veggie burger. It came with a nice carrot/beet salad. The burger itself was not only not the best veggie burger in the world (as they claim), it wasn't even the best at Lake Atitlan.

We both left feeling frustrated and still hungry. We might have ordered something else, but we were already late.

The place has potential and with some attention to detail it could be a much better experience.

Pros: One of the few veg resterauants in Guatemala, Good salad, Cute cat in the yard
Cons: Sloooooow, We left hungry and frustrated
  • enRoute enRoute

Hope you give this place another chance, I think the owner is working really hard to get it right. Try the vegan pot pie! Funny about the avocados, to be honest I've had this experience in many restaurants and thought the same thing. I bet that if you go back, you'll have a better experience. Really rooting for him to succeed here!

MichaelKalmanovitch
MichaelKalmanovitch

Best Veggie Burger in the World

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

This bold statement was one of the items on this menu. This is what I had for lunch when I visited (they close at 5pm).
It was very good but since I have not eaten every veggie burger in the world I am unsure whether they are.
It was delicious though and it was missing one of its usual ingredients (Garlic Aioli) which I think would have made it even more so.
If you think you know your way around veggie burgers - try it out and post what you think.

Pros: Good food, Good Price, Very nice atmosphere
Cons: Missing Garlic Aioli the day I was there
  • mike5thdimension mike5thdimension

Thanks for your review Michael, I am very sorry we didn't have the aioli when you came, basil can be hard to come by sometimes! I am glad you enjoyed it without the aioli though!!

Dear Owner and Manager of The 5th Dimension: