Music venue and veggie food restaurant. The varied food menus are available until 10pm and is served in the bar and in the dining cafe area. Starters/tapas, veggie burgers, hot plates, pizza, and more. Brunch on weekends. Children welcome till 6.30pm. Live music in the downstairs 'notecave' every night. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, International, Beer

First Review by Stevie
Gill Kittea
Gill Kittea

A Glasgow classic

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

A wee gem of a Glasgow bar. Best vegan cheesecake I have ever tasted. And a great jukebox too. Many happy memories and full bellies here.

Pros: The cheesecake is to die for, brilliant veggie burger, good music
Cons: toilets need a makeover
  • KathrynV KathrynV

Dear Gill,

thank you for taking the time to share your 13th Note experience. We agree, our cheesecake is delicious and unbelievably 100% vegan friendly!

We look forward to seeing you again.

Kathryn Veroni,
    Duty Manager

convertedcow
convertedcow

good food and ale

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

Glasgow's great for vegan options. This is a great place for informal dining, good quality food and drink.

craigmc
craigmc

great bar

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

i had lunch with a non veg friend here and we were both very happy.

i have been here on many occasions for gigs but had never eaten. 13th note is a great bar on its own and the food only adds to that experience.
they tend to offer a cheap meal deal with a drink but also have an extensive menu.
plenty of options for vegans, lots of bar snacks and a great option if in the wild west.

Pros: staff, loads of choice

Miacan
Miacan
  • non-vegetarian

simply great food!

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Had dinner there tonight and both my mother and I had the aubergine and garlic soup and the hummus. Very delicious and wholesome. Would recommend to go and try it out.

Pros: good menu, nice atmosphere, good food
Cons: not very well signed, map maker incorrect
Slinki_Malinki
Slinki_Malinki

Yum

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

Brilliant vegan fry up! Definitely worth going in for :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Doesn't open earlier!
katejones-garnwen
katejones-garnwen

All this and real ale too

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2013

On a recent visit to Glasgow we went to 13th Note for lunch. Friendly and welcoming service, if a little slow. Wonderfully varied menu, but I went for a 'brunch' of 'huevos mexicanos' - scrambled tofu, something I've never had before but was delicious. The portion was small but really filling. And a great choice of real ales from Williams Brothers... I had a lovely one called Birds & Bees.
I'm amazed to find out there's such a big veggie/vegan pub scene in Glasgow! I'll definitely go back to 13th Note but will also have to try some of the many other veggie venues in this most surprising of cities.

Tigra220
Tigra220

Awesome veggie bar in Glasgow

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

You basically have to look up to see the sign, which is at the top of the entrance. There's also a large "V" on the floor as you enter this restaurant/bar, to help guide you in the veggie direction? I thought it was clever and cute. I went to the bar to order my take-away. I played it safe and ordered the spicy veggie burger with cajun spicy chips, and the sticky toffee pudding. Everything I had was delicious. And I was advised that this place is 99% vegan (the food anyway), basically avoid the non-vegan cheeses and you're good to go. The girl at the bar was very friendly. I went during the day, so I didn't have to endure any crowds. It's large though, with plenty of seating. Inexpensive menu, as I found to be the general case in Scotland. I'd like to go back and hang out next time, instead of grabbing and going. 13th Note is def on my "return to" list and I'm glad I took the time to find it.

Pros: awesome vegan food, inexpensive, friendly staff; open late
NickNack1989
NickNack1989

Music to my ears

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2011

It can be hard to find, when I was first looking for it I couldn't find it- instead I ended up at mono. The sign is extremely small.
But luckily I did find it, its a very different place from Mono (which is literally a stones throw away). More "spit'n'sawdust" than the clean cut presentation at Mono. 13th Note have some really good deals on their burgers, personally if I had to try one I'd try the falafel burger- its scrumptious. One major downside is that it can get very busy with all the drinkers

Pros: Comfort Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Annoying Drunks
Brainy
Brainy

Lucky 13...

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

13th Note is a charming restaurant. If another place attempted to copy the inside of the place then they would fail horribly. It's dingy look is appealing. They have posters covering the walls promoting all sorts of music and events in Glasgow. It's more enviromental friendly than buying the List or the Skinny. (which I sincerly hope you all recycle after reading!) The food in the 13th Note has really improved since I last went and it's great. I crave their veggie burger with cheese. It's good in price as well. They have a pint and a veggie burger deal right now. £4.50 and that is limited for certain days and times. Worth a grab before you go downstairs to see a gig! My favourite part of the restaurant is the fortnightly artwork exhibt they have on the walls at the restuarant part featuring different works of different creative people. It's a chance to see artists that won't normally be showcased mainstream. :)

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: downstairs venue is small, Friday night drunks can be annoying
grrlygrrl
grrlygrrl

My second home!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

Once upon a time when I lived in Edinburgh me and my friends would makes pilgrimages through to Glasgow just to eat at the 13th note. Even meat eating friends we sometimes brought along were blown away by the menu there. The place is big and roomy yet cosy,split into a bar and a smaller restaurant area, and a music venue downstairs. Every time I go, at any time of day, theres great music, cool arty and music'y people hanging out, and food that is worth travelling a long way for.
The vegan BLT, spicy chps and chocolate cheesecake are to die for!
I loveloveloveLOVE the 13th note, it's my second home.

Pros: Amazing food, Buzzing, relaxed,friendly atmosphere, Great staff
Cons: Absolutely nothing!
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Glasgow is so impressive!!!

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2009

I can't believe the quality & quantity of the Vegan Pub scene here in Glasgow! It has to be the most impressive in the world. The 13th Note is huge and you can get food from the bar or sit in the Cafe in the back. The Club Sandwich was good (i subbed mustard for mayo) the Spicy Vegan Burger was not good, but the chili I got on top worked like a sloppy joe when I removed the rock burger. Redemption was the hot Banana Chocolate cake with toffee :) To be split of course after a long day of walking around Glasgow!

Pros: club sandwich , banana chocolate cake
Cons: v burger too hard
Liam McCleary
Liam McCleary

Good but not great

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2009

The first thing to note is that food is served only until 9, not 10. The menu has only a limited number of items but they are very varied. The portions appear small when they arrive, but are both delicious and satisfying. Very good value indeed. This resteraunt is an adjunct to a bar (not busy or noisy on my visit) and has a slightly earnest, canteeny feel about it. However, that's true of many veggie/vegan places and fine by me, and they bring drinks from the bar to your table.

Pros: good value, pleasant staff, good bar
Cons: closes early
m0nkeymafia
m0nkeymafia

Favourite veggie restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2009

I have been to the 13th Note many times over the years and it has never disapointed. The food is so good and varied that I've never had problems taking meat eaters there too. Even after living in London and trying many vegetarian restaurants down there, the 13th Note still remains as my favourite. Friendly atmosphere, good food, low prices.

Pros: huge portions, healthy, cheap
Cons: several quorn/soya items
rachell37
rachell37

Mediocre food, terrible service

2 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2009

My fiancé and I went for Valentine's Day (a Saturday), and they only had 3 front-of-house staff working. The menu was confusing (marked non-vegan stuff with V even though more seemed non-vegan than vegan) and service was slow. After trying for 10-15 minutes to get someone's attention, we were finally able to ask for a bottle of ketchup and a glass of water. After another 5-10 minutes of waiting, my fiance finally got up and grabbed ketchup from a cleared table and went to the bar for my water. By that time, the food was cold. We even had to wait to be able to pay the check. When we complained about the service, the staff was dismissive. Had the service been better, we would've spent another £10+, but now we won't be going back at all.

Pros: good vegan selection, reasonably priced
Cons: slow service, mediocre food, confusing menu
bengigit
bengigit

Best vegan cheesecake ever

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2008

... and the food is good, too. I ate at the 13th note a few times, and always made sure to leave room for pudding. Last time I was there in July 2008, and the menu has changed a little from my previous visit. I had lemon grass, ginger & parmesan risotto cakes which were amazing and served with spinach & sweet potato coconut curry and flatbread, I think it was one of the best dishes I had there (for £6.75), though the flatbread wasn't really necessary (I ended up leaving it on the plate to leave room for the cheesecake). I had a taste off someone else's plate, roasted herb & garlic vegetable & spinach lasagne, served with napoli sauce and garlic bread (£5.95), and except the garlic bread, which wasn't very garlicy, it was brilliant.
Now, the cheesecake... is amazing, £4.25 for a fat slice and 80p for toppings, I usually go for fruit of the forest in sauce, but the toffee sauce is pretty good too. The strawberry is rather disappointing.
Food-wise, it's the best veggie restaurant I've tried. Venue-wise, I really love all the different sections - bar, restaurant seating area and the live gigs downstairs, but it might not suit everyone. I also like their attitude with vegan courses being unmarked, and veggie ones being distinguished with a 'v', but it might be confusing at first.

hack_man
hack_man

More of a bar than a place for food

3 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2008

Don't get me wrong, the food here is good and there is an impressive range. Lots of bar snacks and also a designated dining area at the rear. However, you feel more in a drinking / music establishment rather than an eating place. Not that there's anything wrong with this. Personally, I'd rather come here for a few beers and maybe a light meal or bar snack and chill for a few hours. Friendly place and located just across the road from vegan Mono.

Pros: great bar snacks, friendly, live music
Cons: some non veggie beers
juliej
juliej

Tasty!

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2008

This was a chilled out place with very helpful staff.
We had the meze & risotto cakes with curry & it was delicious. I would recommend people to stop by here for a nice lunch.

Pros: lovely food, helpful staff, good value
Cons: Goths
weyhey
weyhey

Great Venue

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2007

Visited in May 07. I was feeling unwell so didn't have any food but both the bar and cafe menus looked delicious. The venue is a student hang out and we being 30 plus felt a bit older than the rest but it was a friday night! Woundn't put me off going back to try it out properly if I was in Glasgow again.

Pros: It's a Bar and Cafe, Good menu range
Cons: Mostly student crowd
kathyv181
kathyv181

Pretty differnt to all the places I have been to

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2007

This place is really big. As said before, there are two different sections. The one, where you get food served is smaller and for my taste unfortunately a little less comfortable than the bar section. But still nice. You get served and have a wide variety of vegan options. On this menu everything labeled with a "v" means that it is vegetarian, thus contains dairy or eggs and is NOT vegan. This is unlike other places, where the vegan options are labeled. It makes the place very cool and different! They state on the menu, that they strikly separate vegan food from vegetarian, that the foods are prepared in different areas and the cutlery to prepare the food is seperated also. This is very awesome. Especially for those with allergies! But for strict vegans this is a very good information as well!
There is day menu until 5 and a different one for the night, until the kitchen closes. The food is good and the Staff is really really friendly! The prices are normal to cheap. I can only recommend this place! The bar is open late, if you want to enjoy a good bear after the meal with your friends. They do not have organic soda though and as far as I remember nothing is organic.

Pros: a LOT of vegan options, Non smoking, very relaxed and friendly
Stevie
Stevie

The 13th Note, Glasgow

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2006

A while since I have been to the 13th Note but I've been on 3 or 4 occasions. Vegetarian and Vegan society approved (see the menu section on the cafe's website) I've enjoyed the food here on every visit. The cafe is towards the back of a music bar / club. Upstairs in the bar I've heard the Ramones belting out of the speakers, downstairs is a live music club.

Located on King St close to the river.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Tasty food

Dear Owner and Manager of The 13th Note: