CLOSED: Thai Vegetarian...

Market stall with spicy vegan Thai stir-frys with faux meat, including fish and pork and more. JAN 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai

First Review by imo
vegan louise
vegan louise

Lovely little Asian vegan stall

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

When I lived in Darwin I would pop to the markets in Rapid Creek whenever I could to get food from this stall. There are about 5 - 6 items. Most of them mock meats. I loved the satay sticks. Yum food and nowhere else in Darwin can you find some vegan fast food like this.

Pros: great for stall food
Cons: only when Rapid Creek market is on
imo
imo

High Quality Market Food

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

If you're sick of the same old deep fried spring rolls, samosas and fried rice you'll definitely be interested in this stuff. It's usually up towards the end of the Rapid Creek markets and is a small stall selling containers of your choice of curries/noodles/satays etc for $10 a pop. The fella who (I assume) makes it all is super friendly and also sells small containers of take-home mock meats, also for $10 each.

I've had take aways from here twice, the first time included a delicious tofu laap, the second time an eggplant and mock meat curry. The satays are amazing and the various mock meats (sausage, prawn etc) are tasty even to a mock meat sceptic like myself.

Its a little pricey for market food but definitely a cut above the rest and well worth a try. I'd also recommend the Indo-Malay Halal Stall outside- plenty of delicious vego options there too.

Pros: tasty as!, great for mock meat lovers, better than average market grub
Cons: tad pricey, limited selection

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Thai Vegetarian Rapid Creek Market Stall: