Thai Vegetarian Food

Vegetarian Thai food displayed in a steamtable. Choose what you'd like. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Thai, Fast food
65 Intha Warorot Rd (near Wat Phrasingh)
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Jrosworld
Jrosworld

As cheap as they come

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

I got two plates of food (one of rice with 2 selections from the buffet, one of a vegetarian sausage). Both were delicious, and when I came to pay, the very friendly guy working here told me 30 baht.

When I gave him 40, he didn't give me change, so perhaps I misheard him. But for that price, I don't really care. Even at 40 baht it's a bargain. And it's really delicious food.

Pros: Incredibly good value, Tastes great

Thai Vegetarian Food, Chiang Mai

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2014

As others have said this is great food at bargain prices.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Bargain prices
Cons: Not branches globally
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

it's a deal, it's a steal!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

This is a total hole in the wall towards the west gate that offers up 8-10 dishes a day from steam trays and oh my goodness is it awesome! For 30b ($1) you get three choices on a bed of rice and everything is tasty and hearty! This must be the best deal in CM. Honestly. An enormous plate of food for 30b served with a smile. Steady flow of regular local customers. This is the spot!!!!

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, huge portions
Cons: none!

Vegetableweirdo
Vegetableweirdo

tasty food, buffet choice style

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

2 options plus red and white rice for 25 baht, three for 30.

Tasty and cheap, but a little cold (ate late in the day though), this place does not make to order, you just choose from an assortment of already made food (hence buffet style).

Pros: tasty, cheap
Cons: a little dingy
Georgie Porgie
Georgie Porgie

My favorite

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

I eat at vegetarian restaurants three times a day in Chiang Mai and this is my favorite one. To me their best dish is "Jup Chai" - a Chinese dish which they have most of the time. The people are vey nice, but the place is on the dingy side. However, for the price it is more than fine.
Don't expect really tasty vegetarian food like an expensive place in the West, but it is better than most of the other ones in C. M. and not bad for very healthy, meatless food.

Pros: Cheap, Some tasty dishes, Friendly staff
Cons: dingy
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Lots of overcooked looking jeh food in a cabinet

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

We got a taxi here to see what the fuss was all about. Unfortunately it wasn't our scene so we jumped right back in and ate somewhere else.

They had an above average selection of various local dishes in a heated cabinet. The usual deal - choose some to plomp on top of some rice. None of it looked fresh or alive - quite colourless and overcooked looking. We might have been in Thailand for too long, but this kind of place is becoming a bit tired for us. Leaves us craving some vegetables and something that's actually going to give us a positive buzz. This wasn't going to do that so we passed.

Pros: ok selection, probably cheap
Cons: doesn't look fresh or enticing, pre-made , almost certainly full of MSG
  • Stevie Stevie

Hi Eatinggreen,

I wonder if I may be able to quietly enquire please? Having had a little to reflect do you feel that the review you've left is fair? The reason I enquire is that it seems that your review is based on looking from outside and not going into the restaurant, in the time that it takes to get out and get back into a taxi. There's also that you didn't taste the food not sample the vibe of the place. It appears that the review contains much speculation and assumption. Also your review remarks that your opinions of the restaurant me be based on having been in Thailand too long. Does that mean any earlier reviews of similar places have been re-written so the review is done against the same level of experience as you rated this place?

I hope my message comes across in the polite tone intended. Happy travels and enjoy your food.

Regards,

Agenda
Agenda

Tasty and cheap

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

Good food, price range is 15-25 baht. The place itself small and not that cosy - usual Thai one.

Pros: cheap, no garlic and onion
Cons: small and hot
Guest
Guest

A+

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Nothing has changed since the last review...Great place, friendly staff and delicious food.

Pros: food, staff, value
rheb
rheb

Excellent noodle soup & veggie dishes

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

Out of 12 veggie places I've tried in Chiang Mai, this one is definitely the best for value and really good food. Out of 10 visits, I haven't had anything I didn't like. The noodle soup is very tasty, and also a big portion for 20B. The curries and stir-fries are great and good value, at two on rice for 20B. The spring rolls are excellent, and cheap at 12B. Very good food, friendly owners, and incredibly tasty vegetarian food.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive, Friendly owners

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Vegetarian Food: