Thai Vegetarian Food

Vegetarian Thai food displayed in a steamtable. Choose what you'd like. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Buffet, Fast food
65 Intha Warorot Rd (near Wat Phrasingh)
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Pamina
Pamina

Fast and cheap meal

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2016

It's true that this restaurant doesn't look really inviting, it's totally simply and a bit hectic. You just point out what you want at the counter and pay cash at once. The meals on offer didn't look too well, but I must say that it tasted fine and I liked it. It was the cheapest meal I had during my trip around Thailand, and it was definitely not the worst - it seemed like down to earth, homemade food prepared by friendly locals. So if you know what to expect, it's definitely fine to eat here!

Pros: Very, very cheap, Tasty local food, Friendly staff
Cons: Quite a walk from the main tourist area, Ver simple restaurant
eatshitanddie
eatshitanddie

Super delicious

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2016

Awesome buffet with amazing food. Super cheap. I went here almost every day during my stay. Very friendly owners. Muay Thai on the TV if there's a fight going on.

michael.goodrich
michael.goodrich

great price, great food

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2016

came across this place by chance and lovd it. Beautiful food, large portions and vdry cheap.

Cons: about 20baht per dish

Plumbgray
Plumbgray

Absolutely Delicious Food

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2015

I came across this restaurant while I was looking for another restaurant where I had been eating previously . And walked past as it was dimly lit and looked like need a coat of paint! However I was hungry and could find previous restaurant so walked back.
I was so pleased I did! It really is the most delicious food you could possibly eat! Really!
I spoke with another customer who had been eating there for years and he told me the food is made with love. I believe this is true.
Although menu's were in Thai you can point out what you want from the dishes. They have up to
15 different dishes everyday!
It doesn't look especially inviting for the outside but I urge you to taste the food! You will be glad you did!

Pros: delicious food, not expensive , many different dishes
Cons: looks a tad basic
solarkismet
solarkismet

good street food

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2015

Authentic street style food in a small shop with plastic chairs and tables - tasted good but it's not the cleanest place I've been. 5 others are over the 30 min we were there so decent turnover.

Pros: taste , authentic
Cons: room cleanliness
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Very cheap

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2015

A typical Thai style hot counter type restaurant. The food is no better/no worse than the many other veggie restaurants in Chiang Mai. Decent enough.

However, the price is about half the usual rate so it gets my thumbs up for that.

Pros: Very cheap
veghofer
veghofer

great to stop by

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2015

small place that looks like something i'd never visit back in austria but here it's fine (: very cheap, owners are very very nice and food is pretty good.
i do prefer tien sieng though, pretty much the same but a bit nicer still.

Pros: very cheap, nice owners, all vegan
rickydaveggie
rickydaveggie

good food

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2015

I would agree that food wise it's probably the best of the centrally located cheap local options. Plenty of choice. The environment is very basic compared to nearby Ming Kwan which is the same price, but to my tastes the food is better here.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 04, 2015

Pros: Lots of choice, , Tasty food,, Cheap.
Cons: could say it's a bit grubby/basic
JaWiHe
JaWiHe

delicious cheap food

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2015

Food is taste wise probably my favorite in Chiang Mai, and it's super cheap. One plate of rice with two toppings is 30 Bath. I am full after about three of them so 90 Bath is really good.

JoannaMaja
JoannaMaja

Its the best place you can ever visit

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2015

The food is the best I have ever had in Chiang Mai. One plate is 25 thai bath, And you can get full with two (if you are a high carb vegan girl:p) as the food is quite spisy, but just perfect. The soup is delicious. There are two guys running the place, and they are the sweetest men ever. They have also helped me out when a friend of mine had an accident. They also served me free candies

Pros: Food, Price, Owners
EIIenW
EIIenW

Good, cheap eatery with lovely owners

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2015

Very nice little eatery where you can get a plate of rice with your choice of two toppings for only 25 baht - an awesome price for the amount of food that you get. Also serves one kind of soup with glass noodles, which I highly recommend as it's my favourite dish that they have. The owners are absolutely lovely!

Pros: Cheap, Good food, Great owners
Durianrider
Durianrider

cheap tasty no frills no flakey staff

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2015

Ran by 2 mature gents who live Muay Thai. Good traditional Thai vegan tucker!

Jrosworld
Jrosworld

As cheap as they come

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2015

I got two plates of food (one of rice with 2 selections from the buffet, one of a vegetarian sausage). Both were delicious, and when I came to pay, the very friendly guy working here told me 30 baht.

When I gave him 40, he didn't give me change, so perhaps I misheard him. But for that price, I don't really care. Even at 40 baht it's a bargain. And it's really delicious food.

Pros: Incredibly good value, Tastes great

Thai Vegetarian Food, Chiang Mai

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2014

As others have said this is great food at bargain prices.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Bargain prices
Cons: Not branches globally
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

it's a deal, it's a steal!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

This is a total hole in the wall towards the west gate that offers up 8-10 dishes a day from steam trays and oh my goodness is it awesome! For 30b ($1) you get three choices on a bed of rice and everything is tasty and hearty! This must be the best deal in CM. Honestly. An enormous plate of food for 30b served with a smile. Steady flow of regular local customers. This is the spot!!!!

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, huge portions
Cons: none!
Vegetableweirdo
Vegetableweirdo

tasty food, buffet choice style

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

2 options plus red and white rice for 25 baht, three for 30.

Tasty and cheap, but a little cold (ate late in the day though), this place does not make to order, you just choose from an assortment of already made food (hence buffet style).

Pros: tasty, cheap
Cons: a little dingy

My favorite

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

I eat at vegetarian restaurants three times a day in Chiang Mai and this is my favorite one. To me their best dish is "Jup Chai" - a Chinese dish which they have most of the time. The people are vey nice, but the place is on the dingy side. However, for the price it is more than fine.
Don't expect really tasty vegetarian food like an expensive place in the West, but it is better than most of the other ones in C. M. and not bad for very healthy, meatless food.

Pros: Cheap, Some tasty dishes, Friendly staff
Cons: dingy
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Lots of overcooked looking jeh food in a cabinet

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

We got a taxi here to see what the fuss was all about. Unfortunately it wasn't our scene so we jumped right back in and ate somewhere else.

They had an above average selection of various local dishes in a heated cabinet. The usual deal - choose some to plomp on top of some rice. None of it looked fresh or alive - quite colourless and overcooked looking. We might have been in Thailand for too long, but this kind of place is becoming a bit tired for us. Leaves us craving some vegetables and something that's actually going to give us a positive buzz. This wasn't going to do that so we passed.

Pros: ok selection, probably cheap
Cons: doesn't look fresh or enticing, pre-made , almost certainly full of MSG

Hi Eatinggreen,

I wonder if I may be able to quietly enquire please? Having had a little to reflect do you feel that the review you've left is fair? The reason I enquire is that it seems that your review is based on looking from outside and not going into the restaurant, in the time that it takes to get out and get back into a taxi. There's also that you didn't taste the food not sample the vibe of the place. It appears that the review contains much speculation and assumption. Also your review remarks that your opinions of the restaurant me be based on having been in Thailand too long. Does that mean any earlier reviews of similar places have been re-written so the review is done against the same level of experience as you rated this place?

I hope my message comes across in the polite tone intended. Happy travels and enjoy your food.

Regards,

Agenda
Agenda

Tasty and cheap

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2009

Good food, price range is 15-25 baht. The place itself small and not that cosy - usual Thai one.

Pros: cheap, no garlic and onion
Cons: small and hot

A+

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Nothing has changed since the last review...Great place, friendly staff and delicious food.

Pros: food, staff, value
rheb
rheb

Excellent noodle soup & veggie dishes

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

Out of 12 veggie places I've tried in Chiang Mai, this one is definitely the best for value and really good food. Out of 10 visits, I haven't had anything I didn't like. The noodle soup is very tasty, and also a big portion for 20B. The curries and stir-fries are great and good value, at two on rice for 20B. The spring rolls are excellent, and cheap at 12B. Very good food, friendly owners, and incredibly tasty vegetarian food.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive, Friendly owners

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Vegetarian Food: