Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant, has a separate vegetarian menu section. Try the pad thai. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
3262 J St (33rd St)
Sacramento, California 95816
916-447-5353

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by nation_m
sacveghead
sacveghead

Thai-Rific in East Sac

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

2014 Update:
Taken over by Samantha the Thai sister of the former owner in Sept. 2013, they really cleaned up the kitchen and improved the dishes. Sam's daughter and the the fiance, a real Thai boy handles the cooking. He's great and Sam sources spices direct from Bangkok via her frequent trips to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Pluses on the menu include the Eggplant dishes and Pad Thai that can all be customized to your liking and level of spice. I start with the Fresh Spring Rolls hold the shrimp and have them customize the Veg.Eggplant hold the tofu and add extra greens and mushrooms with Medium spice and brown rice. Add a Thai Beer and Yumm! About $20 and enough for two. Sometimes I do the black rice and Mango dessert. Double Yumm. Enjoy.

P.S. Try this out for fun and see what happens: When you arrive put your hands together prayer style and say SA-WAT-DEE-COP, if your are a guy and SA-WAT-DEE-KA if you're a female. It's a traditional Thai greeting. That little courtesy may return anything from a big smile to a free dessert. Of course YMMV.

Pros: Eggplant dishes customized to your taste, Open Monday night - That's big in Sac, Midtown/EastSac/McKinley walk/bike close
Cons: No $2 foot massage - I miss Thailand
linearloop
linearloop

What A Great Find!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

I found this restaurant on a visit to Sacramento and was happily surprised. While we arrived 20 minutes before closing, we were welcomed in and greeted warmly. The food was some of the best Thai I've had anywhere. Service was fast and efficient and the staff was keen enough to make appropriate vegetarian suggestions for alternatives to a dish they were out of. This is definitely on my list of places to eat the next time I'm in Sacramento.

larryabailey
larryabailey

Number One for Sacramento!

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2011

After one visit, the Thai Place Restaurant became one of our favorites for Sacramento. Great food, great service, and competitive prices. I love the spicy tofu curries and my partner loves all the vegan dishes he tried (he is slowly working himself thru the whole menu!). Almost any dish offered by Thai Place is available as vegan and many are wheat free. There is a special lunch menu for super fast service. I start salivating as soon as I hear the words Thai Place!

Pros: Fantastic Food, Helpful Staff, Quick Service
Cons: Parking can be tight, There's not more in the Sacramento Area

Guest
Guest

Fabulous Thai!

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

Love this Thai place! They will make any plate vegan / vegetarian, add tofu, subtract egg, etc. Service is alway great. Pad Thai is the best I have ever had! Pa Nang curry is also a favorite.

Pros: Great food, Good Service, Great prices
Cons: None!

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Palace: